Twenty-one

Valka

We follow close behind the trio until we reached the gate. The dragons above paid no mind for they were in a hurry.

"We strike at dawn!" Calls out Stoick.

The warriors cheered in response making the sea ripple. We continued to follow the trail of reptiles into the mist where jagged rocks waited. Using the dragons movements as our guide it was easy to pass through the maze.

Soon we were on the beach of a island. Its atmosphere made me feel uncomfortable. Looking up at the mountain wondering how my son was able to live here for fifteen years. I was then eager to stop this war so he would finally settle on Berk and live a normal life with hos true family.
........................................................
Astrid

I woke up to not the cold hard ground of the cave, but warmth of a sleeping Hiccup. His arms were wrapped around my waist keeping me safe and secure. We lay under the wing of Toothless who too was deep in sleep. Looking back at the Haddack boy,I noticed he had long eye lashes and light scratches on random places of his face. One stood out from the rest. It was on the corner of his chin,it was older, a scar. He must've been pretty young when he got this. I couldn't help but examine him some more to playing with his surprisingly smooth hair.

He shifts at my action causing him to pull me closer. Hiccup smelt of soot and flames mixed in with the ocean. I wonder where he's traveled to. I envied him for being able to travel across the archipelago while I had to  stayed on the island with no adventures to tell. Then again if I were able to back then it would've been able to kill dragons. Now, I see a different light in dragons if not for Hiccup.
For the next few minutes Hiccup's eyes flutter open. We stare at one another with not saying a word. He stares with a blank expression until I found myself underneath him. I yelp in surprise but don't keep my eyes off him. Our breaths mix together, are bodies burning, and our heart's beat in the same rhythm. Hiccup inches close to my lips.

Move Astrid!

Don't, let him!

You don't want this guy!

You really want this guy!

My heart and mind argue back and forth. He was almost there and I don't want him to stop.

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

BAM!!!

The den shakes violently as rocks fall from the ceiling. Hiccup wraps himself around me as Toothless shields us from rubble falling on top of us. Cries of the reptiles echoes through the tunnels in panic.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know." Hiccup replies.

Once all died down, Hiccup jumps from the nest and grasp his weapons. He tossed me an shield and axe while motioning me to climb on Toothless. He climbs on soon after and we were flying through the tunnels into the throne room. All was empty. All but the pit that held the queen. A light not far away shows were the commotion was coming from. There in the man made hole stood Stoick the Vast. Around the hole were the dragons whom suddenly flies away in a hurry.

Was that all it took?

"Fool." Hiccup whispers before telling Toothless to hurry out.

Below the queen was emerging from her pit. Indeed she was a massive monster. Odin help us all.

.......................................................

Night(Hiccup)

They were fools to come here. Once ourside there was an armada stationed on the beach. They were cheering as if they have won the battle.