Three

Astrid

Once again he escaped . Him and those beasts. Once again our stock of food was snatched,and he helped them! Why? He is human too. So why help the enemy against his own? I remember the total shock when he first came to Berk with the dragons.

The dragons were more savage on that raining night. A storm was coming in but that didn't seem to stop them from raiding our village. The rain made the ground difficult to stand. Dips of water covered our eyes making it difficult to see. The dragons were wining and we couldn't let the storm let them. We fought like mad men.

I was nine then, being young as I was I wasn't able to fight along side my brethren. Instead I was to watch over the younger children with the other older kids. We were hidden in a little hut waiting for both storms to be over. That is when the door was bashed in by a nightmare. His eyes filled with rage, heat radiates from his body.

Some of cower in fear while the rest stood ready for battle. I held my axe firmly in my hands. Deep down I knew we didn't have a chance. Only the best of vikings can kill a monstrous nightmare. I had to admit I wasn't even close.

A growl comes from behind the beast as it's rage dims. A small figure, almost a inch taller than me came forth. His body was drenched in water. His hair covered his eyes. He dressed in black, so dark it cold blend in with the night. He was skinny as if he rarely eaten. The monster growls at the boy but he doesn't flinch. He just stands there as if deep in thought.

The boy response with an nonhuman growl,a bark and a snort. Both argue , I was confused. Why are they not going at each other. More importantly, who is this boy. He looks like a human but understands the beast? Is that even possible? The boy points at us and swaps it across with a shake of his head. It as if he was telling the beast to not harm us.

With a growl and bow of his head the monster leaves to terrorize the other villagers.

Deep down I didn't trust the boy. He didn't seem normal. Trusting my gut I lunge at the boy even though the others protested. Little did I know he had a sword on his person. With a swift motion he was able to block my attack. When my axe was in contact with his weapon, it's blade broke in two.

Shock I was but that spoke turn to anger. No one was able to deflect my attacks. I then continued my assault but it was like he knew when and where I was aiming for.

"Who are you!" He doesn't reply. "Answer me!"

The boy stares straight into my eyes. Those eyes, so green as the forest. A forest that held mystery, a story and something else. Are those... tears. Distracted by his forest spheres I didn't hear his reply.

"Speak up." I growled .

"My name is Night."

With that he begins to walk away as if we've never spoken. Determined to continue our fight, I went after him. He went to the edge of the island. What, is he going to jump?! With a simple step, he plummets. I rush over to suddenly stop in my tracks.

A dark figure Floyd into the sky.He was flying or so I thought. I was at the lost if words to see the boy on top of what we call a Night Fury. Both the boy and the beast flow in the are as one.

"That child is a trader to man." A voice growls. It was Stoick the Vast. Our chef of the Hooligan clan.

He was right. A human riding and helping the enemy count them as a trader. But why? Why does he still continue to be with them and not of his kind?

I have been asking this for the past six years. Who are you really Night Rider?