Four

Hiccup(Night)

My person falls from the early morning sky. The Sun shines across the ice cold waters of the archipelago. My eyes closed, my breaths calm. I felt free. I wish everyone in the world could feel what I am feeling.

Your thinking again.

Toothless says. He plummets next to me as we shoot downwards.

Today was our day off from our daily raids. Toothless and I would just fly around to get away from everything, like the world.

Stop thinking so much or your head will be big as a Gronkles.

With a gentle tap of a paw, he tilts my shoulder so I would twirl.

Yeah yeah.

Reaching over I grab hold of his saddle and position myself on his back. Toothless expands his wings to stop ourselves from falling completely in the water. We glide in the sky watching the sun continue to awaken.

So what's the plan for today?

I thought about it for a minute. We've been raiding for four weeks straight. Even with sleep we are still tired. There was a little island up ahead. It was quiet, no human nor beast for miles around.

How 'bout we just relax on that island up ahead.

Toothless obliged to the idea. Within seconds he had us in the island. Sitting on the white sand I stare out at the vast ocean. I wonder if there are others like me.
Whap

"Ugh..." I moan when something hits me hard on the head.

Stop thinking!

Toothless growls.

It's our time to rest, we rarely ever do. So shut off that brain of yours or I'll fry it!

I nod which I regret. The object was none other than a little stone that he whipped with his tail. I wish Night Furies missed once in a while.

Fine. So what is it that you want too....

I was cut off when my brother begins to tackle me. His shove was so strong he hurls me in the cool water. He bellows out a laugh. Emerging from the water I lunge at him playfully. Flipping me off him, he beckons me to give chase. He takes off into the forest leaving me behind. Thinking I could catch up to him I go the opposite direction.

The forest was quiet, so quiet the silence rings in the air. For the day being as bright as it was the forest was eerily dark. Something is not right. My back burns heavily. I'm being watched. There wells more than one pair of eyes looking at me. Sniffing the air I didn't catch the scent of reptiles nor humans.

Standing in my spot I begin to listen. The wind does not blow. The birds, not a tweet. The trees, motionless. It was as if the time stopped.

Then I heard it.

Hungry growls come from behind the trees and bushes. Crawling out of their huddling spots were wolves. Five wolves surround me making sure there was no escape for me. I reach for my side only to find out I had left my sword at home. The small hunting groups death circle is now getting smaller. I have to think fast.

Then I remembered. My claws! I've been using my swordsman much I have forgotten about the dragon claws I attracted to my forearm and down. It was made from both dragon claws with Gronkle iron. Sharp and weightless. A perfect weapon if I do say so myself.

One wolf lunges at me. Out of reflex I use my new weapons to slice his snot. He whimpers at the contact of the improved blades. The others continues to come at me and I continue to strike back. Living among dragons all your life isn't easy.

My mother didn't know the first thing about caring for a human hatchling. But she did her best along with the other dragons on the island.They've taught me how to defend myself. Toothless will not always be there to protect me nor the other dragons.

I am grateful for both my family and friends to accept me, to look after me in such a world as this. Most despise all human, but they accepted me. At first I thought it was because my mother was a Night Fury. But after her death I realized that they really saw me as one of their own. Because of that I need to protact them, their my family.

I'm not going to leave them, not like this!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Night!

Night?

Night,there you...what happened here?

I look up from the piles of wolf carcass. A few hours earlier I killed at least a small am out off the pack. The alpha was one of them. He put up a good fight. I thought I was going to die here and there but I survived, thank the gods. If I did, Toothless would find a way to bring me back and kill me himself. I used my claws to cut off their fur to use back home.

Are you okay?

My body and attire was covered in both my blood and wolves.

A few scratches here and a little there,but nothing a remedy can't solve.

Once convinced Toothless decided we should leave. If there was one pack, there is bond to be more. Taking the furs and carcasses, I mount Toothless as he takes off.

Mom taught you well, to fight I mean. If it weren't for her determination, you'd be dead by now.

True not all humans get attacked wolves and live to tell the tale. I've read that most cultures believed killing a wolf, is a sign of a warrior. Like with dragons. Is it that important to make yourself known? Is killing all this world thinks about? What thrill is there in it? Why kill when you can find a more logical exploration? But not every one thinks like I do.

Toothless, do you believe we can get man and beasts to see each other as equals?

Again with the thinking.

Toothless sighs heavily but turns his head slightly. His eyes met mine.

Night, you and I both know it is possible. Here you are living, and was raised by dragons. You understand us better than any other human.

So then...

But not many will be be willing to accept that possibility. Years of war, death,and suffering has filled both man and beasts mind,sight and heart. They are too caught up in the past to think of the future.

Man has killed our mother Night. If I didn't have you as a brother or any other human as a sibling, I would've hated them for the rest of my life. But... I know that not all humans are terrible. They are just confused on what they don't understand.

So the right question is ,brother , are they willing to see one another as equals? Not able.

I think about what he said. His words imprinted in my mind. Is there really any one out there who is willing to see the possibility? Or will they continue to strike blindly like raging wolves?