Two

Hiccup (Night)

The night was coming to a close as the sun was beginning to rise. The village below slept soundlessly in their nests. We hid in the shadows, ready to strike. Our mistress was growing restless, more demanding for anything, or anyone. We lost mist of our comrades to the one we sorve. The only way to survive is to bring back a good amounts of game. My team of warriors were ready.

Are you ready, bud?

I ask my brother asks. He and I were the leaders of this hunt. Toothless is our weapon destroyer, while I was the protector for my brethren. We are the most skilled out of those here.

Let's get this over with. Oh and Night.

He gives me a bored yet warning look.

I know,don't get carried away.

Toothless lets out a roar that echoes our part of the island to the others. Immediately, the villagers emerge from their nests ready to fight. I really didn't want to fight but they wouldn't give us a chance to explain why we are doing this. Then again I'd be highly upset if someone raids my home and steals my supply of food. But the queen demands for it.

The battle was as wild as the last one. It was always the same routine. We raid, we fight, some of us are slain, and we are still able to capture some game. I am mounted on top of my brothers back as he sours through the dawn sky. The blasts of his plasma blasts never miss his direct target. Then I notice a Nightmare was about to be hacked by a large(which is no surprise) villager.

Toothless!

I see 'em get ready.

With a swift motion we were above them. He flips upside down allowing me to fall down to earth. Wind whistles in my ears as I plummet. I love the feeling of the wind, how it seeks through my hair. How free I felt. I would imagine there was no evil queen, dragons struggling to survive, no raids. A dream I hope to accomplish, but am I near it? No, I am not.

Out of my thoughts I land perfectly between both dragon and man. My sword pulled from its sheath and blocking the man's death blow.

I'm in depted to you Night.

With that, the nightmare crawls off to continue.

"Why?" Here we go." You are human, yet you work along with these monsters!"

I stay quiet as he waits for an answer. The man lets out a battle cry as he lounges at me. I was able to block and dodge each blow. Sometimes I'm glade I was somewhat skinny and short. At first glance no one takes me seriously. But when I pull out my sword of Gronkle iron they think twice. Many even try to challenge me to become famous.

Once my opponent was weakened I knock him to the ground, sword at his throat.

"STOP!"I turn to see a tall, slinder woman running towards us.

"Go Valka! I'll take care of this traitor! "The large man calls out to her.

He used my distraction to knock me to the ground. Quickly I lift myself from the ground just in time to block a blow to neck. This guy means business. His eyes were filled rage but mostly longing. It seems like he lost something important so much it put him in this state.

"No Stoick! What will this solve?" I strain my ears to listen more. "Killing him, or any of the dragons will solve nothing but more hate."

Glad to know there is someone else who sees the same as I do.

"They toon our child from us Val. How can you ask what will it solve? I want ever one of these beast gone. They took to much from us as it is!"

I slowly creep away from their marriage quell. I run through the warring of man and beast. The burning nests. Villager running with buckets of water to put the fire out. I felt a bit bad for the trouble but we needed to save our skins from our majesties razors. Most of the dragons were begging to take off.Time to go.

Night!

A Nadder calls from above. He is high enough for me to hop on his back. Just as I was about to leap I was suddenly brought down. A sliver of ice against my neck. Not her again. Sure enough it was the annoying tough blonde who tries to take my head every chance she gets.

"All tradors must die!" She growls. Is she hand that Stoick guy related in some way?

Using the hilt of my sword I thrust it against her mid abdomen. She gasps in pain and shock as I sprint to the waiting dragon.

"Oh no you don't!" But just as the girl was about to make another attempt, the Nadder was ready and sent his poisonous spikes at her. She dodges and I hop on my friends back to freedom, or well doom.

Once we were far from the island, I was reunited qlwith Toothless.

How many?

Ten sheep,a yak, and a few barrels of fish.

Loses?

Two nadders, a zippleback and a nightmare.

I heart grows heavy at the news. I should've been able to help. I was their protector.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We are prepared for such fate.

You hate too though.

Right, but what can we do about it? We've been at war for three centuries. Sure we all don't hate them as much as humans hate us. But a war so long filled with nothing but vengeance, hate and other negative emotions. How can we turn it positive?

Toothless is wise sometimes. He makes a good point. How can we solve a three century hate into the opposite?

The journey wasn't long nor short when we make it back home, and right on time for breakfast. Everyone of us are hopping we're not part of it. Toothless and I watch with hope as our brethren drops the food into the queens dinning hole. I scan the line to make sure everyone has a large amount or size to give to her highness. Only one stood out,once again. A Gronkle, a strong ,gentle yet slow creature. Capturing food and fighting is not easy when your slow.

He drops a small sheep in, and when I mean small, I mean skinny. It was sickly, a sack of bone. Everyone cowers behind the rock columns knowing full well what was coming. A large snout emerges from the eerie hole, it's opens their jaws to show large razors. In an instant the Gronkle was eaten whole.

NIGHT!

FURY!

We flow out of our spot. She scowls us for such a lowly meal. Then groans with annouyance at yet another loss once I give her my report.

I should've devoured you when I had the chance all those years ago! Lucky for you I didn't if it weren't for Night Fury!

Mom. She is no longer here. She passed away several years ago. She came back from a raid and got injured from a savage tribe. They were hungry, thirsty for blood. Mom died from her injuries no matter how much I tried to save her.

After being scolded, Toothless and I go to our nest. It rests in the far back of the mountain. All was dark until I have Toothless light of several torches. The cave used to be plain until I brought in human tools. I am sort of an inventor of sorts as well as blacksmith. Reaching my desk and plop down on my stole. My body aches from today's activities. Stress filled my sore muscles.

Don't let her words get to you Night.

Toothless says as he goes to lay in our nest.

I'm not, I sigh, lets get some rest then we can have breakfast after.

With that I crawl next to my brother and in an instant I fall into a deep sleep.