Twenty

Astrid

Flying on the back of a Night Fury than it is riding a Nadder. His movements in the air was graceful yet powerful all at once. I watch from behind about the  brothers movements. Hiccup is the brains while Toothless is the flight muscles. They work as one as if this was natural.

Just as I was enjoying myself, a roar echoes through the salty air. All around is were dragons with stolen goods while heading straight into a sea of thick mist. Just looking at it made my skin crawl. As the dragons passed they stare upon me in both shock and a hint of sympathy.

We pass through the mist to a grave yard of ships and jagged rocks. Most ships were from our clan both ancient and recent. I guess we're are more stubborn than dragons.

"What ever happens,"Hiccup begins. "You most listen to ever order I say."

I wanted to retort, he may be the chiefs son but he was not in charge of me. He stares into mine with warning,alert and worry. Seeing this,I knew I was to follow his every demand. Soon we came to a island that had this eerie feel that sent shivers down my spin. Hiccup must've felt this as he grips my hand that was wrapped around his middle.

"Don't be afraid. It only makes it easy for her to sniff you out." I nod as I try to calm my nerves.

Toothless glides into a dark tunnel until we entered what seemed to be the throne room. Dragons glide from platform to platform. They hide behind the pillars after dropping their kill and stolen goods down a murky pit.

Toothless hiss behind a pillar when a gronkle comes up. At first it looked as if it had nothing until it opened its mouth and out came a single wee fish. Hiccup turns away when it begins to fly away when suddenly a large jaw with sharp jagged teeth snaps onto its tail. Just as quickly as it came,it went along with the crying dragon.

My heart is beating like drums, my bones liquefied and fear creeps into my very soul.

"Calm yourself. "The boy whidpers.

"I'm trying." I whisper shaking.

A loud growl comes from the creature below. Hiccups eyes slit like in a trance though he was in control of his movements. He pushes me off with force as the glide to the pit. I watch in horror as a gigantic head emerges. A monster with six cold ,fury eyes states back at the brothers. It was indeed in tagged but they were calm as they speak on their native tongue.

........................................................
Night(Hiccup)

She was indeed peeved to the core. I could feel her wrath through our connection and it burned. She cursed me and threatened that is we were to leave with put her permission, she would leave her heaven and start raiding herself.

It is impossible to kill her highness. I know ever dragons weak spot for I had witnessed it unfold. But her, it seems to be unknown or not there. Her senses are much higher than any creature I've come across. Though he her intelligence  is somewhat.

Are you listening Night!

I am, I promise to not leave without your command. I reply with a slight bow.

Good. And why do I smell another human in my kingdom?

I look up slightly to where Astrid hid. She is slightly peeking out with a hint of concern in her blue eyes. I had to think of something and something quick.

She's...she's my...She's my mate.

I knew I was red at this point. Toothless snorts lowly at this, trying muffle his laughter.

Hmmm? Humans are strange indeed. But I will allow this. For you will eventually expire and I need human warriors to take care of my enemies.

Once dismissed I rejoined Astrid. She sighs with relief but questions why I am flushed.

If she only knew. Laughs Toothless. I glare down at my brother and assured Astrid it was nothing for to be concerned about.

I clear my throat " You'll have stay with us for a while. Her majesty won't let me leave or..."

"I understand. "She says.

I smile slightly. We take her to our den. Astrid looks around the cave in awe. I sit on the edge of the nest wearily. Toothless positions himself to sleep before warming it up with his flames. I watch the girl look at my pile of inventions and medical supplies.
"How we're you able to live like this?" She caught me off guard with question.

"What do you mean?"

"You live on a depressing island controlled by a cold, heartless dragon queen. You live in a cave." She goes on with the list of faults until I stopped her.

"Because I was raised and cared for by those trapped here. They are my family, I wouldn't have it any other way."

"But you had to wonder where or whom your patents were,right?" I shock my head. Never once I have ever wondered this. My mother was a dragon and she will always be my mother.

"So you don't want the chief or Valka as your parents? "

"I didn't say that. I am not really used to human communication without having an axe at my neck every time I try. I'm willing to try to get to know them once this is all over." I yawn not wanting to discuss any further. Astrid too was tired as she yawned soon after.

I curl up next to Toothless who raised his wing to cover me. Astrid looks for a place to rest, I motion her to come over. She hesitates as she finds an old blanket and curls into a corner. I wait till I could hear her even breaths of her snores. Getting up I move towards her sleeping form. Gently I pick her up into my arms and slowly back to the nest. Toothless once again opens his wing letting us slip in and closes it. Soon I too was deep in sleep.