Fifteen

Night(Hiccup)

I stare down at my opponent who lays unconscious on the ground.The boy put a fight I'll give him that,yet he wasn't strong enough to take me. With a sigh I pull haul him up and carry him out the cove into the forest. Halfway through it I leave him there just in case he either comes to or the village finds him. Knowing that he'll come back to the cove I travel further in the forest.

I wonder if Toothless got home?

As I travel through the sea of green to I could smell the salt of the ocean. I need to get out of here. I thought of ways to get off the island with being seen. The only way to leave now was sail away or wait for my brother.

While thinking of my escape plan,I could see a few ships heading towards the island. Pulling out my eye glass I could see it was the islands warriors coming home after long journey, no doubt failed at finding our nest. The ships were badly wrecked surprisingly able to stay afloat with heavy Vikings.

Valka

My husband and the others have arrived after many weeks of their journey and once again failed at finding the nest. I wished they'd give up but being Vikings, we are as stubborn as boars,which hardly ever a good thing. I wait at the docks with Gobber who was waiting ready to give him the bad news about our Dragon loss in the arena. Stoick was highly displeased at this.

"Who could have done this?"

I knew but I did not speak and surprisingly nor did Gobber. Astrid not far away focused her sight elsewhere not daring to say a word. Everyone else was clueless.

"He did it." A growl says. Or so I thought.

Spitlouts son,Snoutlout limbs through the crowd with multiples of wounds.

"Who son?" Spitelout asks.

"Night. I found him,I fought him..." But he lost,yet he would not admit it.

Stoick asks more like demands him to tell where the boy was. The look in his eyes gave away what he wanted to do with the boy and I feared it wasn't going to merciful.

Astrid

I run through the forest in search Night. Stoick wants Night dead for sure. But I refuse to let him kill my prey. We've been going at it longer than anyone on this island and I won't let that end without a battle I hope to never forget.

I searched every inch of the cove and other places of the forest with no luck. He properly left with the dragons after his battle. But Snoutlout said they left him,so where could he be?

Roar~

I crouch to the ground as a roar of the Night Fury intertwines with the wind. I search cautiously for the dragon only to find not the dragon but the rider.
He is at the edge of a cliff propably calling out for his "brother". Now's your chance. Axe in hand I raise it high above my head and charge at the boy. This time,thus time for sure! 

Just as I inches from the boys head, he swiftly steps from the side causing my to plummet off the cliff!

It all happened so fast but also so slow. My life flashes before me as I wait to hit the rocks below. All my life I've been fighting, not that I minded it, but with an opponent that skills beyond my own.  I envy that strength, stealth, and bravery. Was that really why I wanted him dead? My envy to have what he possessed? How pathetic.

Just as it seemed the blue skies was the last thing I was to see before my death, forest green orbs stare back at me. Scrony yet strong arms wrap around my waist while flipping my body the opposite way. Once our bodies  impacted with the water,all went blank.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Its so cold yet so warm,why was  that? I felt light as my body floats through what seemed to be an endless sea of darkness.

"Go back. "Mom?

"Go back Astrid!"Dad?

""You go back!""

"No I want to be with you!" I call out. A bright light swirled around me. Images of my deceased parents stood before me. My heart ached with happiness but swelled with sadness.

"Go back. You must stop this war."

"How? It's impossible! "

"It is not impossible dear,you are forcing yourself to think so." Mom says.

"But those dragons, those monsters! "

"There more than it meets the eye dear. We know because we've seen it,only we too forced ourselves to believe it was impossible." Says Dad,

"Please dear,for us,for Berk."

Their eyes pleas for me to do it. I want to make them proud and if is what they truly wish for,then I'll do it.I nod. They embrace my, an embrace I missed for many years. I just wish it didn't have to end.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I was cold but warm at the same time,but why was that? Something blows air into my mouth while something soft presses against my lips. Opening my eyes I am shocked to see a dripping wet Night hovering over my body, with his lips on mine.

Shock took over my reflexes causing me to shove him off of me. He stumbles to the ground.

"Thank Níðhöggr." He grunts out a sigh.

He...saved me? The traitor saved me? Honestly if I were him I would've let my enemies die but he didn't.

"Why? Why'd you save me?" I asked.

Night stares at me for a long time only to look up at the evening sky.

"Why indeed? "