Seventeen

Valka

Our island once again turns into a fierce battlefield. Just as my husband was about to take the boys life, dragons decent from the skies. Leading them was the Night Fury,as his name implies, he was furious.

"Valka, gather the children! We'll take care of this!" Stoick calls out. I obey as I gather all the young ones with Gothi.

We head to the hidden cave in the forest. From afar you could see village engulfing in flames. I fear that Berk will never be the same after this. While deep in my thoughts I failed to notice that we were being followed by a Monstrous Nightmare. It circle around us ready to strike. Being the only one able to fight, I pull out sword.

It didn't seem to be phased by the blade that shines in the moon light. As I was about to strike I was pushed to the ground by a heavy force. It had company. The other nightmare readies itself to burn my body.

Stoick...I'll be meeting our son soon.

I wait for it to finish me,but it never comes. The weight of the beast lightens until it was completely off of me. I look up to see forest green eyes stare down at me. It was Night.

Now that I have a closer look at him,he surprisingly resembled me and my husband. Shaggy reddish brown hair,skinny yet slender, freckles on his cheeks and was a bit tanned but pale. Then I notice something that made my heart stop for a mere second.

There is a small scar on his chin.The size,place and person. Could it be...it can't ?
........................................................
Ten years ago,there was a raid, it at the I had given birth to a frail child. Being a new mother I cherished him and would never leave his side, but that night I left him to my husband to go into town. As usual the raid came unexpectedly.

I hurried home when I saw my husband being tossed out our house leaving our son alone with the intruder. Once inside I was stunned to see a four winged owl-like beast,playing with my son in his cradle.

He smiled at the dragon unknown of what harm it could ever do to him. I grab my sword from the rack only to startle the creature causing it to scratch my son with its talons.

The creature comes towards me but not threatening me in the slightest. Instead it gazed into my eyes as if reflecting it's soul with my own. Smart and gentle it was. The moment ended when Stoick throws an axe at the beast missing it. The dragon flies off into the night followed by the others. I hurry to aid my wounded son who was crying.
........................................................
"Hiccup? "

The boy, whom is my long lost son, stares at me in confusion.

"I know no such person. "He says. "But you can go home, we are leaving."

The boy turns to make his leave with the nightmares. One of the children tugs my hand pointing at the group heading back. She leads me towards them while still in a daze. My son is alive and was here all this time.

"I must tell Stoick."

Stoick

The brat made his escape once again. If it weren't for his dragons, I would've been able to be rid of the nuance. I watch as the dragons leave following the Night Rider and the hell spawn. Our village is nothing but in shambles. It'll take weeks to repair.
I head for the mead hall to ease my anger with a drink. I don't know how much more of this I could take. Ever since that day,every thing has gone down hill.

......................................................
"Valka!"

I was searching the whole island after another night of raiding. My wife and new born son had headed to the cave to hide . Once the raid was over,those who hid reported that they had not came with them. They were still out there .

I searched high and low until finally I found my wife on her knees. Thinking she was hurt I run to her aid.

"Valka!" I kneel in front of her to find her crying.

"He's gone...our son...he's gone." At this,I too wept.

Although he was frail I beloved he would've turned out to be a great warrior, a chief that would but his people before his own. Alas that dream to see such a future was destroyed. Was it a punishment from the gods, a sick joke made by Loki? Valka clung to me as she calls out for our son as if he would crawl out from a the forest with a goofy smile. A hope to never to come.

For years I sought to avenge my son's death. By doing so I searched for Dragon nest on the other side Valhalla' s gate. Yet I am nowhere close of avenging him.
.....................................................
Bang!

The mead doors burst open to reveal my wife who was out of breath. She runs over to me causing me to drop my half empty mead.

"He's alive!"

"Who?" I asked drunkenly.

"Our son, Hiccup he's alive!"

I grip her shoulders knowing she would never lie to me. Our son was one of most important thing in her life,so to say something like this must be true.

"Where is he?!"

"He was here the whole time. Every raid,he was there. "

I am utterly confused by this. How could our son,after fifteen years been able to be with us without either of us knowing?

Then it hit me.

For the last seven years,I've met him.Fought him in fierce raids. Watched him with rage as he road on top of Satan's spawn. My enemy,Night Rider, is none other than my own son!