Eleven

Astrid

Dragon training was once again a success. I may as well be given the privilege to kill the monstrous nightmare. No one is excelling like I am. The twins argue, Fishlegs runs away not daring to put up a fight, and Snoutlout,ugh,Snoutlout tries to impress me only to fail.

I head into the forest to keep taps on Night and the beast. I've been so busy I haven't had any time to make sure they were stuck here so I could take their heads for myself.

Once at my destination I almost panicked. There was no sight of the duo until they suddenly crashed into the pond. Night shots up from the water cheering. The Dragon climbs out shacking the water off his body. On his tail was a artificial fin where the real one should've been.

"We're almost there bud." Night says as he climbs out while taking off his tunic ringing it out.
I couldn't help but stare at those scars. So many,not even the twins or Snoutlout have as many. It's kind of cool in a way.Snap out of it Astrid. I scold myself, now's not the time to admire.

That evening I watch the two practice flying with the artificial fin. Some times that would be able to stay in air for a full minute only to fall back into the pond.

Why not just give it up already? I sigh inside my head. At this pace they'll hardly make any progress,well at least I hoped not.Night seems to be the type to not give up.

Before o knew it, It was time to return to go to meet the others at the Meade hall. Gobber wants us to do research on the dragons we might face in the future. The Book of Dragons is the oldest and most informative book ever written. I've read it before in the past and don't really need to re-read it. But there is one section I'm curious about.

The Night Fury.

As expected the others had no interests in reading other than Fishlegs who follows the rest telling them about the "fascinating" dragons. I was left alone with the book to myself. I skim through it to the section of the mystery class. The night fury was never documented in Viking history. No one has ever seen it to live the tale. No one but Night.

Night was raised by the unholy offspring of lighting and death itself. So how is that he is alive and fighting along side that monster? How did he come across them at all? This world is still unknown to me as I thought long and hard about the Fury Brothers. A boy raised by dragons, fought by them,ate with them, treated like an equal.

Is that why he wants us to stop? Because he is one of them? I laugh, like th st is going to change anything. Dragons have caused pain and agony to everyone of us here on them is island and possibly this whole world. Was I just going to pretend the battles were just nightmares? That my parents deaths were an illusion? No, I will not give in.

I cannot believe in the impossible. Not everyone can live a life like he can. For it is utterly impossible,no matter how we wish this madness would end.