Ten

Gobber

The hammering of a hammer woke me up from my deep slumber. Although the smithy was down the road I could still hear the impact of metal against metal. Forcing myself up I through on some clothes and grabbed my hammer. Heading towards the smithy I could see the furness blazing and a shadow imitating it's solid person.

Not many people know how to fix or make their weapons and would come to me. So it is quite unusual. As I come closer I see the outline of a small, thin figure. No one on the island is that small. Then once they came into the dim light,I then knew who it was.

"Night Rider?" I ask causing the lad to jump. He dropped what he was doing and as quick as lighting hid in the darkness.

On the floor are rods and tiny spheres. By them are thin material cut out in a strange way. What is the lad doing? I wonder. I am impressed by the hard effort he was putting into it.
"Why aren't you with your dragon friends? "I ask.

He says nothing only silence follows. Then I remember the favor Astrid asked me to do. That strange invention to shot down a fast dragon. Now I see what her goal was. The night fury was Night's companion, she shot them down and now their stuck.

"I understand, carry on. "

Just as I was about to leave the lad speak up.

"Your not going to call your tribe? Are you not going to try to kill me like the rest?"

It's true I should, Stoick demands that all traitors such as Night be executed on the spot. But deep down my gut say no. There is something I see in the lad that reminds me of someone, but who? Could it be a resemblance? Or could it be his determined attitude?

"Astrid would be disappointed if she doesn't have your head mounted on her wall." I reply.

"Astrid? "He asks.

"The lassie who you always fight with. That's her name."

Funny how all these years he never knew her name. Those two are always at each other's necks. One wants one's head while the other wants nothing to do with them.

Letting out a yawn I leave the lad be to his work before telling him to clean up his mess afterwards.Who does the lad remind me of really?

Snoutlout

Night this, Night that! Its always about that shrimp. Well I'll show him whose really the king of beasts. I'll take him on and Astrid will notice me. I'll be the man who'll be be her side, for I am the future chief of the Hooligan tribe!

The day Stoick the Vast's child has been abducted and eaten by the beasts, I've been given the honor of taking its place.

I need the best of the best to show that I will be the best than Stoick himself. I need a fierce shield maiden as my bride. A fantastic title that will never fade. And what is no better than killing the Night Rider and winning Astrid?

"Look out Night,there is only one ruler of the beasts and that will be me."