Fourteen

Toothless

It all happened so suddenly. We were about to take for home when a short beefy boy comes and tosses my brother to the ground. The look in his eyes glint with danger.

Night!

Go!

But. ..

Go! I can handle this,just go on without me.

I hesitate leaving him behind. Yes,Night is stronger than any human I've seen,but still he is human. Humans have limits for when it came to battle and by the look in that humans eye's, I knew he won't back down.

Night...

Go!

I jump at his sudden roar. How stupid of me.I thought with a grin. He's nowhere near a human.

I take off only to glance at the scene below. Night was in fighting stance ready for his opponent to come at him. The boy was sloppy as he came at him causing him to be pushed down to the ground.

He'll be okay ,why am I suddenly doubting him? Night will be okay,right?

As I fly farther away from the island I had a urge to circle back. But Night's demand echoes in my head. I knew well if I disobeyed, he'd never speak to me again. I'm the older brother ,though. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around, I am supposed to protect him.

Do not worry Night Fury.

I was surprised to see Nadder flying next to me as well as the rest.

Why are you following me? The queen will take control over you all.

Let her try. Says Nightmare with his nose in the air.

You are worried about the young Night Rider,so are we. But the boy is strong enough to fight on his own. Adds the Gronkle.

The sky turns dark as the stars and moon lit up the sky. My wings are aching begging for rest. But I refuse to give in. The sooner we get to the nest,the quicker I can return to my brother. A eerie song flows through the air, it pulls my forward into a sea of fog. Nightmare tries to fight it but I tell him to stop. She will sing louder and it would sting like a thousand speed stingers.

Dancing around the rocks and abandoned ships,we make it to the island. The atmosphere was as depressing as ever withstand its lack of lushes greens,nutrition and the need of security.

So...

Sad.

The Zippleback says looking at the island. We enter the mountain to find all the dragons new and old clinging to the walls. The scent of blood and fear fills my senses almost making me faint.

Fury... A low whisper calls for me. It was my mother's old friend Mother Nadder. She hung on the wall for dear life with her hatchlings clinging at her side.

Thank goodness your safe,but... She looks around,where is our Night?

Before I could respond an angry roar calls out my name from below. The roar shakes the nest causing many to lose their grip and hurry back. I gesture my new friends to stay behind nit wanting them to become lunch for our mistress.

I glide down to the eerie pit below. Raging eyes glaring up at me.

Where have you been!?

I explained what happened briefly to get through to her thick skull. She snorts in annoyance.

Now that you are back,take our finest warriors.Without Night they are useless. Being him back here once you get a hold of him.

Deep down I knew she had something planned but what it was,I'm afraid to think about. I wanted to rebel but with her mind controlling my will I am unable to.

As I head out with a army of our best and living warriors,I couldn't help but hope our rescue mission would not be a success. I hoped Night would have escaped, as clever as he is,he should be in a boat and sailing home,or away from it.

Please be alright, brother.