Chapter 8: The Aftermath of Veldanava's Death

20000 years after the defeat by Veldanava

Hell's Throne Room - The grandeur of Hell's throne room seemed overshadowed by the tempest of anger and disbelief roiling within its two rulers. Violet and Jaune, who had long reigned supreme over Hell, now stood stunned and seething with rage at the latest revelation delivered by one of their subordinates.

The demon messenger, visibly trembling under the intense scrutiny of the two Demon Queens, struggled to maintain composure. The weight of their fury was palpable, and the air crackled with their barely restrained emotions.

Violet, her violet aura crackling with barely contained anger, broke the tense silence. "So, you're telling us that Veldanava, the god we once sought to challenge, has been slain by mere humans? Is that truly what happened?"

The demon, his voice shaky, nodded vigorously. "Yes, my queen. Veldanava was defeated by a coalition of powerful humans. His strength had greatly diminished following the birth of his daughter, Milim Nava. The humans exploited his weakened state and managed to kill him."

Jaune's expression was a mixture of disbelief and intense fury. "Veldanava, dead? And by humans, no less? How could such insignificant beings achieve what we could not? What about Milim? Does she pose any threat now?"

Violet's eyes narrowed dangerously, her aura flaring with rage. "This is an affront to everything we have strived for. How could those mortals, who were beneath our notice, bring down a god? And now, what of his daughter?"

The demon, shrinking further under their scrutiny, responded hastily. " Veldanava's power had been significantly diminished after Milim's birth, making him vulnerable to their attack."

Jaune's fists clenched in frustration. "And so the once-great god, who was our rival, has fallen. Now his former subordinates have allied with these humans. What does this mean for us? What is our next move?"

Violet's fury gave way to a cold, calculating resolve. "It means that the dynamics of power in the material world have shifted drastically. With Veldanava's death, the primary force that drove us to interfere has been removed. We need to reassess our position."

Jaune's face reflected a mix of disappointment and understanding. "If Veldanava is no longer a concern, and the humans have managed to rise to power, perhaps we should redirect our focus. There's no longer a grand rival to challenge."

Violet sighed, her gaze distant and contemplative. "Indeed. Our previous goal of challenging Veldanava is no longer relevant. Our focus should now be on consolidating our power within Hell. The material world, devoid of its former god, no longer holds our interest."

Jaune nodded in agreement, her expression softening. "You're right. With Veldanava gone, the material world has lost its allure. Our dominion over Hell remains intact, and without a significant threat, there's no need to concern ourselves with external conflicts."

The demon messenger, sensing the shift in focus, carefully spoke up. "My queens, what shall we do now?"

Violet waved a hand dismissively, her voice carrying a note of finality. "Return to your duties. We will use this time to strengthen our rule and ensure that our reign remains unchallenged. The material world is no longer our concern. We have maintained our supremacy here, and that is where our attention will remain."

As the demon departed, Violet and Jaune remained in the throne room, contemplating the profound changes that had occurred. With Veldanava's death, their driving force had been removed, and their focus had shifted inward.

The grand throne room, once a hub of planning for future conquests, now became a place of reflection. Violet and Jaune, having solidified their control over Hell, turned their attention to maintaining their reign, prepared to embrace a new era free from the influence of their former rival.