Chapter 20: The Wrath of Ultima

The battlefield was silent for a moment, save for the sound of heavy breathing. Michael, now bloodied and weakened, was on his knees, glaring up at Rimuru and Ultima. They stood over him, poised to strike the final blow.

Michael: "Is this... how it ends?"

Rimuru, with eyes cold and calculating, raised his hand, prepared to finish the job.

Rimuru: "It's over, Michael."

Just as the final attack was about to land, the air around them distorted. A familiar energy filled the space, sharp and ominous. Rimuru narrowed his eyes, recognizing the presence immediately.

Ultima: "No... it can't be—"

Before they could react, a portal tore open in the sky, and from it descended Feldway, his expression twisted into a menacing grin.

Feldway: "Did you think you could win so easily? The game has just begun."

Michael smirked, his weakened body surging with newfound hope as his ally appeared beside him.

Michael: "You arrived just in time, Feldway. Together, we'll crush them."

But in that very instant, Ultima's eyes blazed with fury. Memories of another timeline surged through her mind. Feldway—the one responsible for sending Rimuru to the End of Space and Time. The very thought made her blood boil.

Without hesitation, Ultima lunged at Feldway, her mana surging wildly. Her attack was swift and brutal, her voice filled with the rage of a past life.

Ultima: "You! I've been waiting for this! You won't escape me this time!"

Feldway barely managed to block the initial strike, his eyes widening in shock at the sheer ferocity of her attack. He hadn't expected such intensity from Ultima. Her movements were precise, filled with the calculated fury of someone who had suffered by his hand.

Feldway: "You... What is this power?! You're more than just another demon!"

Ultima laughed, her eyes blazing with madness and hatred.

Ultima: "You don't recognize me, do you? I'm Rimuru, the one you banished to the end of existence!"

Feldway's eyes widened, realization dawning on him, but it was too late. Ultima's next flurry of attacks came at him like a storm, pushing him back, tearing through his defenses. Sparks flew as their weapons clashed, Ultima pushing Feldway to his limits.

Meanwhile, Rimuru and Michael resumed their battle, the air around them vibrating with the sheer power of their clashes. Michael summoned waves of lesser angels with his Armageddon subskill, but Rimuru slashed through them effortlessly, his expression determined.

Michael: "You'll never defeat me, Rimuru! You are nothing compared to the legacy of Veldanava!"

Rimuru smirked, his confidence unwavering.

Rimuru: "Veldanava? You're nothing but a pale shadow of his will. I've fought stronger foes than you, Michael. You're just in the way."

With a burst of speed, Rimuru closed the gap between them, his sword glowing with pure, destructive energy. Michael barely managed to block the strike, but the force of Rimuru's attack sent him skidding across the battlefield.

Michael, struggling to maintain his composure, summoned his ultimate power. His body began to glow, the King of Justice: Michael skill reaching its peak form. The ground around him cracked under the pressure of his magicule.