Chapter 19: The Awakening of Michael

The battlefield of Tempest lay in eerie silence after the fierce confrontation. The remnants of the Eastern Empire's forces scattered, and the victorious demons began to regroup. Rimuru, Ultima, Diablo, and Veldora were preparing to leave when a dark energy began to coalesce where Rudra had fallen.

Rimuru, sensing the disturbance, halted in his tracks, his instincts flaring.

Rimuru: "Wait! Something's not right."

The air around them grew thick with tension, crackling like static electricity. Suddenly, Rudra's body jerked violently as an ominous aura enveloped him. The atmosphere shifted, and the defeated emperor's form began to change.

Veldora, his dragon senses tingling, narrowed his eyes.

Veldora: "This energy... it's different. What's happening?!"

The ground shook, and from the remains of Rudra, a new figure emerged. It was Michael, his true form revealing itself. A powerful and malevolent presence emanated from him, sending chills down everyone's spine.

Michael: "At last, I have returned."

Ultima stepped forward, eyes blazing with fury.

Ultima: "You! You were hiding all along! What are you planning?"

Michael's lips curled into a sinister smile, his voice smooth yet chilling.

Michael: "My dear Ultima, you have no idea what has truly been set into motion. I am no longer bound by Rudra's body. I have taken control."

Rimuru clenched his fists, recognizing the grave danger they faced.

Rimuru: "What do you want, Michael?"

Michael raised a hand, and the air trembled around them. His intentions were clear, and the malicious glint in his eyes sent shivers through Rimuru.

Michael: "I seek to revive Veldanava. To do so, I require the True Dragon factors from the three of you: Velgrynd, Veldora, and Velzard."

Veldora growled, stepping protectively in front of Rimuru.

Veldora: "You won't lay a finger on us!"

Michael's expression darkened, his voice dropping to a menacing whisper.

Michael: "Oh, but I must. Only through the combination of your powers can I restore the greatest of all dragons."

In that moment, he summoned a surge of energy, and the ground erupted as he unleashed Armageddon, a sub-skill of his Ultimate Skill, King of Justice. A blinding light engulfed the area, and thousands of lesser angels descended from the skies, their wings shimmering with divine radiance.

Ultima cursed under her breath, realizing the gravity of the situation.

Ultima: "We need to stop him! We can't let him revive Veldanava!"

Diablo, always calm, analyzed their options.

Diablo: "We must fight against this overwhelming force. But we need a strategy. Charging in blindly won't work."

As the angels spread across the battlefield, their ethereal forms flickering, they began to focus their attacks on the group. Each one bore the power of judgment, striking down anything that opposed Michael's will.