Chapter 13: Ultima Joins the Coliseum

The festival in Tempest was in full swing, with attractions and activities drawing in everyone from citizens to visitors. After the incident with her horror attraction, Ultima took some time to reflect on her next move. She wanted to show her true strength in a way that would be acceptable to the people of Tempest—and still thrill her. That's when she heard about the Coliseum.

The Coliseum was one of the festival's main highlights, where warriors and adventurers from all over gathered to compete in battles, testing their strength and skills. Rimuru had sanctioned these fights, as long as they were done in a controlled manner and with clear rules.

"Fights... now that's more my style," Ultima thought, a wicked grin crossing her face. She knew there wouldn't be any complaints this time. In the Coliseum, she could cut loose.

Ultima made her way to Rimuru's quarters, eager to propose her idea.

Ultima: "Lord Rimuru, I've got something I want to ask."

Rimuru, who had been going over festival logistics, looked up at her with a curious expression.

Rimuru: "What's on your mind, Ultima?"

Ultima: "The Coliseum. I want in."

Rimuru blinked. Ultima, known for her extreme enthusiasm for violence, was asking to enter a tournament for the public. A thought crossed his mind: How dangerous would this be? But knowing Ultima's nature, if she were interested in something relatively harmless like the Coliseum, it was better than letting her find... other outlets.

Rimuru: "You want to participate in the fights? Sure, I don't see why not. But, Ultima—remember the rules. No killing, and try not to... destroy everything."

Ultima flashed a sharp smile, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

Ultima: "Understood. I'll behave. Maybe."

Rimuru sighed, a little worried, but decided to trust her. "This could be entertaining," he thought.

As the tournament in the Coliseum progressed, Ultima crushed her way through the competition with ease. No one stood a chance against her. Every opponent fell with a single blow, some realizing too late that they were facing a being far beyond their level.

Eventually, she reached the finals, where her opponent was none other than the so-called "hero," Masayuki. The crowd cheered wildly for him, believing in his incredible strength thanks to his Unique Skill: The Chosen One, which made everyone without Ultimate Skills believe that he was the strongest fighter in the arena.

Ultima, however, wasn't affected. Her Ultimate Skill and two Manas Skills shielded her from such influence. As Masayuki confidently entered the arena, the audience roared in anticipation, certain he would easily win.

Masayuki raised his hand, waving to the crowd. He had no idea what he was up against.

Announcer: "And now, the final battle begins! Hero Masayuki vs. Ultima!"

Masayuki, with his usual grin, faced Ultima. He expected this to be quick—his reputation alone usually made his opponents surrender before the fight even began.

Masayuki: "Alright, I'll go easy on you. Let's get this over with."

Ultima stood still, eyes narrowing as she assessed her opponent.

Ultima: "Oh, I plan to enjoy this... thoroughly."

Masayuki chuckled nervously, sensing something was off.

The moment the match began, Ultima moved—faster than anyone could track. Masayuki barely had time to react as she closed the distance between them in a blink. Before he could even lift his sword, Ultima had already struck.

In a split second, Masayuki found himself flat on his back, staring up at the sky, completely disoriented. He didn't even know what had hit him.

The audience, expecting a dramatic fight, was silent. It had been over in the blink of an eye.

Ultima: "Is that it? You're supposed to be a hero?"

Masayuki struggled to stand, shaking his head in disbelief.

Masayuki: "W-wait! How—"

Ultima: "I'm not affected by your tricks. Looks like this hero isn't as invincible as they think."

With that, she flicked her hand, sending a wave of energy toward him. The force knocked him out cold, ending the fight instantly.

The crowd erupted in shock. The hero, their undefeated champion, had been defeated in a single blow.

Ultima stretched and looked over at Rimuru, who was watching from the stands.

Ultima: "Well, that was fun. What's next?"

Rimuru shook his head, half-amused, half-exasperated. Ultima had certainly made a spectacle of herself.

Rimuru: "Just... try not to cause too much chaos for the rest of the festival."

Ultima gave a playful salute, a devilish grin spreading across her face.

Ultima: "No promises!"