Chapter 1

The canteen buzzed with the usual morning energy—people moving about, grabbing coffees, chatting in hushed tones about clients and cases. But at one corner, Orm was drowning out all the noise with her never-ending rant, and Becky and Prig had been her unwilling audience for the past half hour.

"Can you believe that woman?" Orm huffed, angrily stirring her coffee for the tenth time, almost spilling it over the table. "The way she just looks at you, like she's already won. She's so smug. I can't stand her face. I swear, if I see her in court one more time, I'm going to—"

"—punch her, throw her off a cliff, curse her for life," Becky interrupted, rolling her eyes so hard it looked painful. "We get it, Orm. She's annoying, cocky, blah, blah, blah. Can we move on?"

Prig snorted, taking a sip of her iced latte. "Yeah, seriously. You've been at this for what—three days now? It's like you lost the case but also lost your mind. Chill."

Orm shot them both a glare. "You don't get it. Lingling Kwong isn't just any regular rival. She's...she's—"

"—stupid, annoying, a jerk, thinks she's better than everyone," Prig cut in mockingly, leaning back in her chair. "Yeah, yeah, we know. You've said it like a hundred times. Hell, you haven't shut up about her since Monday."

Becky sighed, throwing her hands up dramatically. "And it's Thursday !"

Orm crossed her arms, still fuming. "Look, you don't understand. It's not just that I lost. It's her. The way she walks into court like she owns the place, that cocky smile, like she knows I'm about to screw up. She's unbearable."

"Unbearable or just smarter?" Becky muttered under her breath, loud enough for Orm to catch. She looked up and raised an eyebrow, daring Orm to get mad.

Orm scowled, slouching in her chair. "Okay. I know it was my mistake. I'm not stupid. The signature...I missed it, alright? I've been feeling like crap about it for days."

Becky softened a bit and reached out, squeezing Orm's hand. "We know you're not stupid. You're one of the best Orm. But this obsession with Kwong? It's eating you alive. She's in your head so bad she's practically living rent-free. You need to let it go. it's not worth it."

Orm scoffed, her frustration still bubbling just below the surface. "If anything, she's the one obsessed with me showing up in every case against me!"

"Fuck her," Prig said, completely deadpan.

" Exactly!, Fuck her who is she to get on your nerves like this and ruin our day?!" Becky slammed her hand on the table