Chapter 5

After the bizarre car ride, the walk into the firm was like a silent battlefield. Orm didn't say a word, practically sprinting out of the car before Lingling even had a chance to put it in park. Ling just shook her head, watching her storm off, clearly avoiding any more awkward moments.

But before she could even settle at her desk, Becky grabbed her arm, dragging her to a chair while Prig hurriedly closed the door and yanked the curtains shut.

Orm looked between them, bewildered. "Uh... guys? What the hell?"

Becky leaned in, wagging her finger dramatically. "Nope! Kornnaphat, you don't get to play dumb! Not after THE Lingling Kwong just dropped you off IN. YOUR. CAR."

Prig nodded along like Becky was preaching the gospel. "Exactly! And you didn't even come to work this morning! Suspicious much?"

Prig leaned in close, her face filled with suspicion. "Wait. Did you two... you know... do it?" She waggled her eyebrows like she was about to uncover some life-altering secret.

Orm's eyes went wide, her voice coming out in a squeaky yell. "How in the hell did you even get that conclusion from seeing her in my car?!"

Prig shrugged casually, like her logic was flawless. "I mean, you two usually look like you're five seconds away from murder in meetings. But in the same car? You let her drive your car? Something's fishy.."

Becky nodded, fully on board. "Yup. Since when do you let anyone drive your precious baby? And more importantly, since when do you not look pissed around Lingling?"

Orm threw her hands up in exasperation. "For crying out loud, you two need to relax. There's literally nothing going on."

Becky crossed her arms, her expression dead serious. "Oh, so we're supposed to believe you two just had a nice, professional meeting, and then she decided to drive your car like you're besties now?"

Prig gasped, her eyes widening. "Wait a minute... Did she smile? Did Lingling smile?!"

Becky's jaw dropped. "Oh my god, she was smiling when they came in! I swear I saw teeth. That's not normal!"