Chapter 11

The firm was unusually quiet, with most people out handling court cases or deep into whatever assignments they had. 

That peaceful silence, however, was soon shattered by a loud scream.

"WHAT THE—!?" Becky's voice rang out, loud enough to shake the walls.

Orm nearly jumped out of her chair and rushed toward Becky's office, her heart racing, only to find Becky frantically wiping water off her skirt as papers scattered across the room. 

A giant puddle of water had formed beneath the air conditioning unit, which was now pouring water like a broken fountain.

"What the hell happened?!" Orm asked, eyes wide in confusion, watching Becky furiously pat down her drenched outfit.

"It's raining in my office!" Becky snapped, her voice laced with frustration.

Freen was already in the room, standing on Becky's desk, tugging off her soaked blazer as she tried to stop the leak by stuffing paper towels into the ceiling vent.

"Text Lingling," Freen grunted, her face determined.

Becky grabbed Freen's phone and sent a quick text: Emergency.

Lingling, who was in the firm's gym working out, saw the message and immediately bolted up, her heart pounding. Emergency? 

Freen never texted her unless it was truly serious, so in full panic mode, Lingling didn't even stop to change out of her gym gear. 

She grabbed her stuff and rushed out, still in her tight shorts and a tank top, sprinting through the firm like her life depended on it.

Bursting onto their floor, she looked around for Freen, her mind filled with all sorts of worst-case scenarios. When she finally spotted her in Becky's office, she stopped dead in her tracks.