Chapter 13

The next day, Orm barely slept. She was a mess—mentally exhausted and physically drained. 

Last night with Lingling didn't help, though it wasn't the sex that had her all twisted up no she enjoyed it for sure; it was everything else. 

Life was just crashing down on her, and sleeping with Lingling, while intense, had worn her out even more.

She stepped into the elevator, her shades on to hide the bags under her eyes. And of course, right there was Lingling, casually chatting with Freen.

Orm forced a calm smile, greeted them both, " Good morning"  and kept her distance. Lingling's eyes lingered on her, and Orm felt it, but she wasn't in the mood to engage.

She reached her office, quickly shutting the door behind her. Without wasting time, she called Prigkhing.

Prigkhing entered the room not long after, immediately noticing the stress etched across Orm's face. "I knew it! Something is up," she exclaimed. "You didn't even answer any of my texts yesterday."

Orm just nodded weakly, moving to the couch. She laid down, motioning for Prig to come closer so she could rest her head on her lap. 

Prig's face softened, knowing Orm only got this way when things were really bad. "What's going on, babe? Tell me, who are we killing today?"

Prig and Orm had been best friends since high school, and she could read Orm like a book. While Becky, they met last year of university.. So these two go waaaaay back.

Orm sighed heavily, her voice strained. "Ken came by yesterday."

Prig's face immediately twisted in annoyance. "God, what does he want this time? Money again?"