Chapter 27

We had celebrated and drank well into the night, long after the snow of Drum Kingdom could no longer reach our ship. I barely remembered stumbling down into the girl's room and throwing myself into my hammock as the temperature began to rise before dawn.

I finally woke up in the early afternoon, sore from the beginnings of a weak hangover, and shuffled over to the dresser as I threw off my long jacket. Nami had allowed me to empty my bag into a single drawer at the top, but she claimed the rest of the wardrobe and closet to herself. I did not mind since I did not have nearly as many clothes as she did.

Knowing the next island was going to be a desert island, I grabbed a tank top and a loose-fitting t-shirt that hung off my shoulders and slipped them over my head. My shorts were still dirty from Little Garden, so I grabbed my long cargo pants. They were too big for me, both in the waist and in length, so I tied my sash around my hips like a belt and allowed the hems to drag under my heels. Pulling my boots on helped a little, but I still felt myself walking on the fabric. I never took off my leather gloves from last night, so I left them on and made my way up above deck.

Luffy and Usopp were already running around, laughing and jumping as if the party never ended. The clang of metal from the back deck told me Zoro was strength training. I assumed Sanji, Chopper, and the girls were in the cabin unless they were still asleep. I had not bothered to check if Nami or Vivi were still in bed when I left the room.

Trailing my fingers along the wall, I walked over to the stairs and headed up to the cabin to get myself something to eat. The captain must have spotted me heading that way because the rubber man shot across the deck toward me and the kitchen, giggling at the prospect of food. Usopp was not far behind, and soon all three of us were sitting at the table in the cabin, the boys demanding food. I sighed as Sanji barked at them to shut their traps since Nami and Vivi were still sleeping.

Chopper squeaked from across the room and I turned toward him to hear him better, "Come on over, Chopper," I encouraged him, patting the bench next to me, "I don't bite," As the little guy slowly crept over I smiled at him. Sanji set out five plates and sat down as Luffy and Usopp began to scarf down their food. With a frown, I turned to where I smelled Sanji's cigarette smoke, "Aren't you forgetting a plate?"

"Nope," The chef replied coolly, "Nami and Vivi are still sound asleep."

"Sanji," I growled. He clicked his tongue but stood and made one more plate before opening the door and yelling at Zoro to get his ass in here if he wanted food. The swordsman hollered something in reply, but I could not hear it. I smiled at the chef as he sat down across from me, "Thank you."

"Oh, Angel-chan," He cooed, "It's so nice that you worry about us, even that big oaf."

I brandished my fork at my crewmate with a scowl, "Don't call me that," Chopper whimpered as I stuck my fork down onto my plate. Zoro stormed in and took the open spot on the bench next to the reindeer and across from Luffy.

The meal went on normally with Usopp cracking jokes and spinning wild tales for the newest crew member and Luffy laughing along. I merely smiled as I eagerly ate the delicious spread and felt my hangover slowly melt away as the afternoon went by. Sanji doted on me as much as I allowed him, which was minimal until Vivi and Nami joined us and he went to care for them. Zoro was silent for most of the meal, usually responding to Luffy or Usopp's antics with an annoyed grunt.

Luffy attempted to snatch a bit of Chopper's food but was stopped by the swordsman with a swift jab with his fork. The rubber man snatched his hand away as Chopper shrieked in surprise. Zoro's voice was deep in warning, "Watch your plate, Chopper. That idiot has no boundaries when it comes to food."