Backgrounds

I still felt guilty for putting Justin in so much pain. I mean, I am his last family. Well, yeah we're friends, but I'm like family to him.

You see, Justin's parents were murdered by some unknown person. He was 6 and I was 5. After that, he went to live with his grandmother in  New York. Then, he came back to live with me when my parents died.

~FlashBack~

Knock
Knock
Knock

"I'm coming!" I yell out. It was a couple of days after my parents died and I was working on my project for SFIT, which was almost done and coming along great, if I do say so myself.

I ran down the stairs with oil and gunk all over my apron. I took it off and tossed it on the couch. I opened the door and saw a familiar face at the door. "Justin!" I shouted and gave him a hug. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Y/n! Oh, I've missed you so much!" He said while putting me down.

"What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here, I do, wait, that came out wrong. Anyways, what brings you here! I haven't seen you in ages!" I said while smiling a huge smile.

"Well, I-I heard what happened. . . about your parents. And I came to stay with you since you now live alone and my grandmother had. . . um. . . recently passed away." He said sadly. I was also sad. His grandmother was the best person you'd ever meet. There was no one like her. She was a lively, joyful elder lady. She was sweet and kind. She lived to travel and would always have amazing stories to tell us both from when she traveled around the world as an explorer. I'm gonna miss her so much.

I felt a lump in my throat. I could feel my fingers getting cold, so I grabbed the closest thing to me and touched it. It was soon covered and frost and I dropped it with fear.

"It's happening isn't it?" He asked me. He was the only person that knew about my powers and how they work. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's okay. And I. . . I'm sorry. . . about what happened." I replied, relaxing myself just in time.

"It's alright. I'm healing. And besides, I get to spend time with my bestest friend." He said sweetly.

"I am the best, aren't I." I bragged and smirked at him.

We both walked into my room and he looked at my invention in amazement. "Woah! Whats all this?" He asked while examining my charts and graphs.

"Oh, that? That's just something I'm working on. Well, its actually my invention for SFIT." I explained.

"You're applying for SFIT?" He asked.

"Yeah, that was my parents wish. For me to go to SFIT because that's where they met." I said, trying to control myself.

"Wow, you're really talented! I am 100% positively positive that you will get in with this invention." He said with a big smile.

"Th-Thanks." I said softly.

Then, I started explaining to him what the gadget can do. He listened attentively with amazement in his eyes and never interrupted me once. I'm glad to have a friend like him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: Hey guys, sorry for not updating this. Hope you enjoy this story, this story was an all Justin chapter and I'm sorry it's not a Hiro chapter, but I promise that the next one will be action packed!