🐾07. Cutting Options🐾

It seemed like everything was easier than I expected after Chai came over for dinner that day. He started distancing himself from View B and visiting me more often.

But today was different. When Lee stopped by to the store to see me, Chai, who was about to come over, text me that he is almost there. So I tell him I am not available because I have a guest.

Chai: Did you have a date with someone?

Chai: Man or Woman?

I smile at his slightly irritates text and types a short reply to cutting of the annoyance.

May B : It's none of your business.

I turn the phone screen face down and continues talking to Lee, ignoring the reply Chai might have sent. Lee noticed my action and smiled with his face.

"Who pissed you off?"

He is such a detail person... Even if I remained completely calm and didn't show any emotion, he could still sense my feelings.

"It's not that important at all."

As I spoke, I turned around and caught sight of Chai standing across the street. The opposite person looking at me with a pain expression and slowly walking away. I Ignored him and continued talking to my guest. A conversation about his day, which I told him completely.

"I thought the situation was a little bad. I'm not the only one you're talking to."

"I just need to have some options. But you don't need to worry about that, he's not even on my list of choices."

"And am I on that list?"

"We'll have to wait and see." 

"How long is it?"

"Well, how long can you wait?"

My words were ambiguous, making Lee laughing and playfully bite his lip. 

"You're beautiful, smart, and sassy."

"Don't men like women who can talk about anything? Someone who feels like a friend?"

"But I don't want to be your friend." 

"You’re in a hurry,”

I teased as I twirled some spaghetti from his plate around a fork and fed him a small piece with a smile.

“If I want to be with you, I wouldn’t want to be just friends. You look too hot for that."

"You really are something,”

Lee said, opening his mouth to take a bite I offered, chuckling softly and chewing as he try to change the subject.

“By the way, when are you going to Japan?” 

"Why do you ask? What's make you bring it up?" 

"Maybe I’ll secretly follow you."

I hesitates for a moment, unsure whether I should tell him directly whether or not he shouldn't go, before shaking my head slightly in refusal.

"No, you can’t. This is a trip for me and my sister. If you go along, View B will feel like a third wheel. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. Besides, she's paying for this trip all by herself."

"You're really cutting ties without leaving any strings attached. If it were anyone else, they probably would have avoided the subject."

"If the end result is a rejection, it's best to be direct. Besides, I don't want to beat around the bush. You wouldn't like a woman who takes ten minutes to say 'no' after talking in circles, would you?"