🐾24. New Lessons🐾

Mei, who had just opened the door, quickly closed it again. Meanwhile, View and I could only stare at each other, unsure of what to do next. By that time, we moved away from each other and starting to feel anxious. After a long silence, I decided to speak first.

"View, can you help me get some essentials and some clothes to put in my bag? I'll talk to my friend."

"Sure. But what are you going to tell your friend about... what just happened?"

"Let me assess the situation first."

That all I said before I left to follow Mei. However, she was no longer in the common room. I figured she had gone back to her room, so I went over and knocked on the door to call her for a chat.

Knock, knock.

Mei opened the door slightly, her face flushed, before smiling shyly at me. 

"I didn't see anything just now, you know?"

"You did."

I said, pursing my lips slightly. 

"I can explain."

"There’s no need to explain anything. It’s your personal matter. I just a little surprised. I didn’t expect you to have a moment like this… again."

‘’…’’

"I never imagined you were dating a woman. I always thought you had a boyfriend."

"But the person in that room…"

Then it occurred to me that Mei had never met View B before, so I chose not to introduce them, instead asking,

"Can you just not tell anyone about this?"

"Who would I tell? You’re not Mew Nittha¹ or Aum Patcharapa², bringing someone into your home and making the world care so much."

"Let’s just say, don’t talk about it. Can you do this for me?"

"Of course. I don’t really have any friends anyway, and if I'll to tell anyone, it would only be Paint."

"Paint too. Don’t tell her."

This request make Mei frown in confusion. Normally, we were close enough to share everything, so when I asked her to keep it a secret, she immediately became suspicious.

"Why the secrecy? You're dating a woman, not committing murder. Paint isn't that cruel."

"I just don't like someone spreading my personal business around."

"This 'someone' you're talking about is Paint, you know? But okay... if you're asking me like this, what can I say? So, how long have you two been together? Your girl."

"Stop asking so many questions. Go back to your room and don't come out until I... finish."

"Finish what?" 

"Finish business!"

I pushed Mei back into her room and walked back to View B. My little sister had folded clothes and put them in bag, along with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a few essentials like some lotion, just like I had asked.

"All set."

"Okay, let’s go then."

"By the way, what did you tell your friend about what just happened?"

"I didn’t say anything. Mei doesn’t know you, so I didn’t have to explain much."

"And does she understand what I am to you?" 

".…"

".... "

"Well, you are… my girlfriend."