🐾19. Don't Do it Again🐾

Our trip has come to an end. During the five days we spent together, most of it was filled with happiness. There were some frustrating moments, especially since View B tends to get moody and whine a lot. But it didn't last long, since I didn't try to comfort her, and she eventually got over it on her own. Besides, we both had certain secrets that didn't make us upset for long, because there was always a way to make up that satisfied both of us.

When we arrived at the airport, Mike B came alone to pick up his twin. As for me, Paint, who I had arranged to meet in advance, was already waiting for me.

"Did you come alone today? I thought our parents would come too."

"Mom is already cooking at home, waiting for View, so she couldn't come. She even told me to invite you too, P'May, for dinner."

"No, thank you. I asked Paint to come pick me up. She would be upset if she came for nothing."

"Hide and seek, boom boom!"

Paint, who had been mentioned, hugged me from behind before reaching out to playfully squeeze my chest. Of course, I was so startled that I reflexively elbowed her in the stomach.

"Ouch! Why do you have to be so rude?" 

"Are you hurt?"

I quickly turned to Paint, feeling guilty.

"My body just moved on its own. I am Sorry! Can't you greet me like a normal person?"

"No, otherwise the world wouldn't remember me. I missed you so much! Hi! My friend's little brother and sister, they're so cute I could eat them!"

Paint reached out to pinch Mike B's cheek as if they had known each other for ages, even though it was only the second time they had met.

"Do you have a girlfriend yet? I'm available." 

"I'm available too!"

"Don't encourage her, or she'll jump on you. Even when I don't play along, she still harasses me nonstop. See, the moment she saw me, she grabbed my chest."

"But if it were Mike, I'd grab something else. It has to be soft, for sure." 

"What!"

I yelled at my overly inappropriate friend. Paint, ever the daredevil responded with something, though the meaning was completely different.

"Damn."

"You're full of it." 

"Exactly."

"Cover your ears, both of you."

I instructed the twins to cover their ears. Mike B complied, but View B quickly interrupted.

"Come on. I'm tired. Let's part ways here. Goodbye, P'May. Goodbye, P... I don't remember your name."

"Paint."

"Yes."

View B quickly gave us a wai and left, while Mike B looked back and forth between Paint and me before waving and running after his twin. Paint tilted his head, watching the twins walk away, and then spoke frankly, as always.

"Your little sister doesn’t like me."

 "You’re thinking too much."

"Why wouldn’t she like me? I’m pretty." 

“...”

"But it’s understandable. Women usually don’t like someone prettier than them, it’s normal, haha..."

Paint laughed carelessly and put her arm around my shoulder, guiding me in another direction.

"Or maybe she’s just protecting her sister, afraid that you’ll get close to someone other than her."