🐾21. Love and Family🐾

I've heard many people say things like, "It's worth the wait." I always turn around when I hear that and get irritated by those who use advantages of waiting to belittle others. Waiting only makes sense for those who wait for something and succeed. As for me, who has always been in the "impossible zone," I used to look at these people with envy.

.

.

But who would have thought that "success" would happen to me? Even though I wasn't waiting intentionally, the thing I've been watching for over twenty years seems to finally respond to my feelings. It's happening.

Hmm... it was worth it. Today, I'm going to allow myself to be a little mean and use these words to express how I feel right now.

This morning, I woke up feeling joyful. There's nothing hidden, concealed, or weighing on my mind anymore. When our feelings were acknowledged, it feels like a weight has been lifted. Over the years, I've been happy about some things, but nothing has made me hum a tune like today.

Everything feels and looks beautiful. Even Khun Arun, who opens the shop early in the morning, couldn’t help but comment when she sees me.

"I can really feel it today, the atmosphere around us is filled with happiness."

"Why is that?"

"Maybe it’s because of the song you’re humming, Khun May."

"Does that mean I look pretty today?" 

"Probably.”

She said with a small smile. I am about to enter my office when I stop for a moment and look at Khun Arun, her sweet and graceful face piquing my curiosity. I had wondered about this before, but never thought to ask.

"How do you think I look, Khun Arun?"

 "What do you mean?"

"Usually, people around me give me some compliments, but I’ve never heard anything like that from you. Don’t you think I’m pretty?"

"Uh…"

"What a strange question, isn't it?"

I suddenly felt shy asking about my appearance, even though she was just a colleague.

“Just pretend I didn’t ask."

"She told me that you’re considered very attractive, so I thought you probably looked good.

"Probably?”

"Well, I don’t really know what it means to look good,” Arun replied. 

"Oh… okay."

We both exchange awkward smiles, as it's a conversation full of flattery. I quickly go to my office, changing my clothes for the kitchen. While I was busy getting things ready, my phone rang, making me smile. Although I had been feeling a little irritated earlier, waiting for a message from my little one that hadn’t arrived, I am finally happy to hear it.

View B:

I overslept. Sorry for the late reply.

She knows I was upset… but I’m over it now. I forgive her.

May B:

Great. Get plenty of sleep so you can grow taller.

View B:

Are you teasing me? Isn't being small and cute a good thing. You'll enjoy hugging me even more, P'May.

May B:

Stop it, you're saying embarrassing things.

View B:

Actually, I wish I was taller than you, P'May, so I could hug you and keep you warm.