🐾29. Truths🐾

Right now, I'm driving, unsure of where I should go, I don't feel like going home after hearing what View B said. I don't actually believe what she told me, but I also don't believe what Mom said. So, the truth is the scariest thing for me now.

The truth about whether View B isn't Mom's daughter or whether I'm the one who isn't?

"Please don't stay silent like that, P'May. It makes me uncomfortable."

View B's soft and sad tone made me purse my lips a little and sigh. When I think about how View B kept this secret to herself for so long, afraid that it would hurt me, I can understand. Because I've been keeping this matter to myself too, it's just a different part of the truth.

I don't know... I don't know which part is the truth anymore, except that we'll have to ask Mom.

"The situation is getting more intense. Mike knows about us now. Of course, the next ones to find out will be Dad and Mom. Have you thought about how you'll deal with this?"

I spoke as my eyes remained on the road ahead. I intended to keep this secret until the day I died, so I had never thought about how to deal with those around us before.

"We’ll just have to tell them the truth, straight up."

"Tell them the truth, just like that? What if Mom and Dad don’t accept it?" 

"I’ll take you away, P’May."

My sister’s innocent answer made me smile a little. 

"That’s bold of you."

"I’m serious."

"And after we run away, what happens?"

"We’ll live somewhere just the two of us and love each other forever. The end."

"Live without anyone else around us?"

"We can build a community later. But what’s the point of a society if you’re not in it, P’May? Those years when you didn’t come home, I was so lonely, even though I thought you hated me at the time. I felt like a part of my life was missing. If I lose you again and feel like this, I don’t want that."

"When did you start feeling this way? Are you saying you’ve liked me for a long time?"

"I’m not sure…"

View B answered honestly, tilting her head and smiling at me. 

"But does it matter? I love you now, don’t I? What about you?"

 "Hm?"

"If you had to choose between me and everyone else, who would you choose?"

"Can’t I choose everyone? I love them all… We only have one set of parents. I don’t want to be ungrateful just for my own happiness."

"Our love is not equal!"

View B leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms and closing her eyes like a child who didn’t get what she wanted.

"I’d let the whole world hate me just so I could love you, P’May."

 "What if one day you don't love me anymore?"

"Don't belittle my feelings! I love you and I always will. And you... will you love me forever?"

"People change all the time."

"Are you saying you'll stop loving me?"

"I'm just speaking from the truths of life. The only thing that's certain since I met you is death."

"That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about love!"

The little one frowned so hard that I had to reach out and ruffle her hair gently, but she dodged it, still sulking.