🐾41.The Final Curve...But Not the Last🐾

View B stayed with me for one night, and we agreed that today we would both go home to meet the family together. But before that moment came, I wanted to clear things up with Doctor Ake first. View B had similar thoughts; she would talk to Lee today to sort things out as well.

"Let's meet at home at exactly 7:00 PM."

"Okay. If anything happens, call me to keep me updated."

"You won't abandon me, right?"

"Do you see me as that kind of person?"

"You're the one who's afraid of Mommy and Daddy."

Hearing that made me frown a little, so I reached out and patted the little troublemaker on the head, waving her off.

"Go take care of your business."

"From now on, all you need to think about is me."

"I've had you for a long time."

We smiled at each other for a moment before hugging each other tightly, as if we missed each other very much.

Even though we had been playful and affectionate all night, it didn’t even begin to make up for the six months we had lost. Only now did I realize the value of time. Time that has passed cannot be brought back.

Six months without her is something I can’t get back either. But right now, I will cherish every second that we can be together, even if it means weathering the storm of a family that completely disapproves.

"Be careful with your words. This conversation with Lee could get View fired again. You have to support me, okay?"

"I own a restaurant, you know? I’m rich."

View laughing out loud, full of joy, before jumping into my arms for another hug and leaving the house.

I stood there, smiling happily at my little sister until I heard Paint cough, which reminded me that I still had a roommate in this shared house.

"Don’t tease me."

I turned to warn her, knowing full well that Paint’s mouth had no filter. Paint pouted slightly, looking annoyed, and shrugged.

"Can you really stop me from talking?"

"I can't stop you, but I'll try."

"So, it seems like we're back to the good old days. Have you decided what to do next?"

"Yeah, I feel like playing someone else's role is a bit much."

"No way, it's quite a lot. This is real life, not a scenario where there are twins that turn into one or two. It's good that you realized that; don't make life more complicated than it needs to be. Do you see how happy everyone is to have you back?"

Paint was referring to View B, who was laughing happily as she left. I nodded slightly, though I didn't completely agree with the rest.

"Not everyone is happy about my return."

"Don't jump to conclusions. It might not be as you think."
.

.

Because today, I had decided to go back to living my life as "May B". So, the first person I needed to clear all my feelings with was Doctor Ake, who had been so helpful to me from the beginning.

"Doctor Ake, today I'm going to introduce you to my family, but before we get to that, we should talk first."

I arranged for him to meet me at my restaurant. Doctor Ake didn't look surprised at all, which made me raise an eyebrow. The fact that I referred to myself as "May B" even made him smile.