🐾36. I Will Always Love You🐾

Intuorn dropped a huge bombshell before leaving, sticking her tongue out without caring about what I would have to face after that.

Dr. Ake, who chose to stay silent and pretend to be interested in my food business, made the atmosphere even more awkward. He was subtly forcing me to talk, which worked. The more I withheld my story, the more he wondered why I felt the need to hide and conceal things.

"Do you have any questions for Mei?" I asked.

Although I was the only one who didn’t want to share my story with him, I let him choose whether he wanted to know or not. If he did, I had something to say.

"I want to ask." He replied

But I'd rather wait for the right moment. So, Mei is free now, right?" 

"Yes, I am free now."

"Could you tell me about your friends? What’s the story?"

I smiled at him, appreciating his manners and how he asked questions without being too intrusive. He made me want to share the things I was willing to talk about.

He interrogated me as if I were a suspect, but it ended up becoming a comfortable conversation for both parties.

"Yesterday, I delivered food and happened to meet Intuorn..."

I summarized the story because that all there really was. That girl was busy shouting that I was her old ghost, so we didn't get to talk much. We only got to meet and have a real conversation today.

"Today, she asked the person who handles food at the hotel to bring her here because she was curious to know if the person she met was really a ghost or not. Plus, the taste of the food was familiar. I used to be called May, and I used to be a chef."

"Oh, so your name is May?"

Dr. Ake nodded, trying to understand.

"And when she said 'ex-girlfriend', what's mean?"

At this point, I felt a little embarrassed. As I mentioned, this was a big bombshell that was quite embarrassing. I felt uncomfortable sharing this, but I knew I couldn’t skip it.

"Intuorn said that at one point, May and her were in a relationship… like a romantic one."

"Oh, I understand."

"Is it that easy to understand?"

I was surprised that Dr. Ake didn’t react strangely to this revelation. Usually, when talking about women in a relationship together, people tend to make a face like it’s a parallel universe. How could that be possible?

Something like that.

 "I get it." He replied. 

"..."

"I have a lot of friends who are guys who are in love with other guys and girls who are in love with girls. Plus, Intuorn herself is cute, and she seems pretty close to Mei, so I’m not surprised."

"Okay."

I smiled at him, feeling grateful that I didn’t have to explain too much. After a few moments of silence, Dr. Ake asked again.

"So what will Mei do next, now that you met someone who know you?'

 "What should I do next?"

"Don’t you want to know who you were and where you came from?"

"Well, I already know, don’t I? Mei is someone from Bangkok who was in a plane crash, was a chef, and had a girlfriend named Intuorn."

"It seems like you really don’t want to know what your past was like. It seems unusual for a normal person… but then again, that’s part of your charm. You keep me curious about you.”