🐾20. Happiness🐾

Now, View B and I are silent. After talking and clearing things up, we still remain in a long hug that lasts several minutes. It is not uncomfortable, but if it lasts longer, it may raise suspicions from others in the house who are watching the situation unfold. Even more worrying, View B and I may end up doing more than we should, and now, we are still in a house with family.

When I was a child, classmates and teachers always told me that I was smart, good at handling situations, had leadership qualities and could survive even in critical moments. But it seems that they may have
overestimated me, because now, I can't think of anything.

I can't handle the situation at hand, especially in front of View B. Now it seems that things have become too complicated to go back in time. I can't stay strong in a situation where I should be. That cool person I used to be is gone.

"We can't stay in this position all night, can we?"

"And what other positions can we be in?"

“...”

How about a backbend?

"You’re such an idiot."

I laughed as View B tried to lighten the mood.

"We should leave now. Mom’s waiting. You’re making her worry."

"Just a little longer, please. If we leave, you’ll probably leave soon after, and I’ll miss you so much."

"We just got back from spending five days together. What’s there to lose?"

"Is that kind of love possible?."

View B changed the subject, catching me a little off guard, because even I couldn’t answer that.

"If we want it to be possible, then it will be. If we think it’s wrong… then it’s wrong, and it shouldn’t happen."

"So let’s make it possible, okay? As long as we understand each other, that’s enough."

"Hmm."

As we leaned closer to each other, as if drawn by some force, the sound of Mom knocking on the door broke the atmosphere that was about to go too far. We both froze, startled, then awkwardly pulled away from each other.

"Now, let’s go eat dinner. Mom is really worried."

"Of course we’ll eat, since you took the time to cook."

"So… I’ll leave now."

"Are you leaving already?"

View B grabbed my wrist, feeling reluctant to let go.

"I have to go. I need to open the store tomorrow."

"Is the store more important than me?"

Her childish and spoiled question, knowing she might ask, made me smile a little as I reached out to pinch her cheek.

"Don't make me choose."

"And if you had to choose, what would it be?"

"I would choose..."

I leaned over and tapped her forehead with my finger.

"Of course, I would choose open the store. Enough talking. Let's go out before Mom gets suspicious."

"What is there for her to suspect? There's nothing suspicious about us, is there?"

"You've been talking a lot today."

"Can you come home?"

View B's request made me pause for a moment. Her tone and demeanor made me hesitate.