🐾31. The Same🐾

Lately, the rain has been so heavy that everything feels sticky. Even sitting in the car, I can still feel the humidity seeping in. The sky always has an effect on the human mind. On days when the sky is clear, it makes us feel cheerful, more or less, depending on what we are going through at the moment. 

But if storm clouds are approaching, no matter how good things are, the gloomy weather can still dampen our spirits.

As for me, I am feeling very irritable right now. After driving in the rain for more than three hours from Pattaya to Bangkok, I now have to continue driving in the rain to get home. After finding out that View B had heard everything, I almost wanted to fly straight home.

But now, I am stuck in traffic because of the flood. My mother called me crying, saying that View B had run away from home, which only made me more anxious because nothing was going as planned.

May B: View, please answer the phone. Where are you now?

May B: I'm coming to see you. Let's talk first.

May B: You're not alone in this world, View. You have me.

But still, there was no response. I could only rest my head on the steering wheel, feeling helpless and like I was about to lose my mind.

In the end, I had to type a message in complete exhaustion because there was nothing else I could do.

May B: We're on the same side, you know?

And about thirty seconds after I sent the message, a reply from View B popped up. Even though it was just a text message, I could feel my little sister breaking down and asking for help.

View B: Seriously? We're really on the same side?

View B: You're not going to leave me, right?

May B: Never. Tell me where you are, I'm really worried.

View B: I'm in front of your house.

View B: I don't know where else to go. You're all I can think about.

I immediately turned the car around and headed back to my house, desperately trying to find shortcuts through all the alleys to get there as quickly as possible. The rain was still pouring down, and I was worried about how long View B would be standing in the rain.

View B didn't lied. That little girl was there, hugging herself in front of a coffee shop across from my house. There was nowhere for her to take shelter from the rain, and it's late at night. It made me feel deeply sorry for her and incredibly angry that she had made me worry so much.

"Get in the car!"

I drove up and stopped in front of my little sister, who was standing there shivering, soaked to the skin, and gave the command in a harsh tone.

"But I’m all wet, P’May. Your car is going to get dirty."

"Get in!"

The moment View B saw that I had yelled at her, she quickly obeyed and got in the car. I turned off the air conditioning and grabbed a jacket from the backseat, handing it to her so she could dry off. So I drove away from the area, much to her surprise.

"Aren’t we going home, P’May?"

"I don’t want to answer my friends’ questions."

"That’s fine. I don’t want to see anyone right now either... I’m embarrassed."

"Embrassed because you were standing in the rain?"

"Ashamed because I’m alone... Suddenly finding out that I’m not part of the family is such an embarrassing feeling."