🐾25. Bath🐾

Today, View started her first day at work...

I have to admit that I didn't feel very comfortable, but I didn't want to show it because I was afraid that everyone would notice too much. But even if no one knows, I still know deep down. So, this worry affected the dishes I was preparing.

"Chef, the customer said that this dish is too salty."

This isn't the first dish that I've been blamed for this. In fact, it's the third dish of the day, because I wasn't paying much attention while I was cooking, thinking that I already used to it. Arun, who noticed that I wasn't really focused, came to talk out of concern.

"Is everything okay, Khun May? You seem very distracted today."

"Even you, Khun Arun, who usually doesn't talk much, come to talk to me personally."

I smile guiltily, not really daring to meet her sweet gaze.

 "I guess I'm really exhausted."

"Are you worried about something? You can tell me."

 "Just the usual stuff."

I shifted a little uncomfortably.

"Honestly... today is View's first day on the job, so I can't help but worry."

"I figured you must be worried about something, Khun May. So, is it because you're worried about your sister? Is this her first time working?"

 "Yes."

"And what are you worried about? Are you afraid that View won't do well?" 

"Not exactly... "

I pursed my lips, trying to figure out why I was feeling so anxious. Maybe it's because View seems a little reserved, and that makes me uncomfortable. Or maybe... I should have cut it out from the start and gotten rid of the Lee situation as soon as possible. That little girl always thinks and acts differently than everyone else.

"No... she's probably doing what most people would do. I just didn't expect some of the things View would do, that's all."

"If you're tired today, you can go home early, Khun May. We still have other chefs who can take over. There's no special dish for you to worry about."

"You're subtly telling me to leave, aren't you?"

"Not at all, but I’m really worried. Maybe go home, get some rest, or if you have a bathtub, soak in it to relieve stress. It might help."

"A bathtub, huh…"

I smile, thinking about the little girl who looks like Arun. That little girl takes bathtubs very seriously."

"Sounds good. I’ll take the day off today."

"You can take several days off if you want. This is your restaurant, after all."

.

.

Although I was really curious about View B’s first day at work, I decided not to call or text her. I wanted to come across as the cool older sister who didn’t seem overly protective or needy. Around 4:00 PM, View B called me, sounding a little grumpy and upset that I didn’t even ask how her day was.

[P’May, don’t you love me anymore? Don’t you care at all about my first day at work?]

"You were probably great."

Honestly, I really wanted to know. That little girl had no idea how much she made my restaurant lose face today with the dishes I ruined. It would probably be the talk of the town for the customers who ate that dish, and they probably wouldn't come back for a second visit...