CH 17: Designing Arcane Crossroads

The leaders of the magical world gathered once more, standing beneath the bright skies of Astaria, looking out over the vast land that would soon be transformed into their new home—Arcane Crossroads. The convergence of powerful ley lines beneath their feet made the air feel alive with magic, and they all knew that this place would become the heart of their world.

At the center of the group was Harry, surrounded by his fellow leaders from the various magical communities—goblins, centaurs, veela, vampires, and witches and wizards from all corners of the magical world. They stood around a magical map of the area, floating above the ground, its intricate details and shimmering borders revealing the blueprint for the city they were about to create.

"Arcane Crossroads will be more than just a city," Harry began, his voice steady. "It will be the hub of everything we do in Astaria. A place where we govern, where we meet, where we learn, and where we come together. We need to build this with not just the present in mind, but the future."

The leaders nodded, their faces filled with determination. They were all here to design the city that would serve as the foundation of their new world, a place that would represent their shared values, their diverse cultures, and their hope for the future.

The Ministry Building

The first discussion focused on the Ministry Building, the largest and most important structure in the city. It would be the seat of the government and house several key departments that would oversee every aspect of life in Astaria.

Harry gestured to the location where the Ministry Building would stand, a grand structure at the center of Arcane Crossroads. "We need to make sure every aspect of life here is supported by the right departments. Let's ensure we have the right ones in place."

The leaders agreed, and they outlined the core departments:

Department of Transportation: Responsible for all magical transport systems across Astaria, including Apparition hubs, magical portals, and enchanted roads connecting the settlements.Department of Magical Entertainment: To oversee cultural and recreational activities, such as festivals, magical theaters, and sporting events that would keep the community vibrant.Department of International Cooperation: This department, along with the Department of Interspecies Cooperation, would handle diplomatic relations between the diverse magical creatures and communities spread across Astaria.Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes: A crucial department to deal with natural disasters—volcanoes, earthquakes, hot springs, and other magical phenomena that posed risks to their world.Department of Child Services: Ensuring the well-being and protection of children, including orphaned or vulnerable magical children.Department of Dangerous Research: A specialized team to oversee potentially dangerous magical research and experiments, ensuring the safety of the magical community.Department of Agriculture and Resource Management: Overseeing the development of farming, sustainable resource gathering, and ensuring the land's bounty was shared fairly across the community.Department of Flora, Fauna, and Worldly Creatures: Dedicated to studying and preserving the magical creatures and plants of Astaria, particularly those unique to this new world.

The leaders agreed that the Department of Law and Order would be housed in a Council Building attached to the Ministry, creating a seamless flow between governance and the enforcement of laws.

The Council Building and Judicar's Spire

The Council Building, sitting adjacent to the Ministry, would oversee matters of law, order, and governance. This building would house the following: