CH 60: Eleanor Mercier's Vision of Luminor

Eleanor Mercier stood at the helm of her grand ship as it sailed away from Staros. The salty sea air filled her lungs, and she took a deep breath, letting the sense of freedom wash over her. Her eyes sparkled with excitement as the vast expanse of ocean stretched before her, but her mind was already far ahead, thinking about the new land she would soon call home—Luminor. The continent was a blank canvas for her and her people, a chance to build a society rooted in the magical traditions of European witches.

As the ship glided through the waters, Eleanor's thoughts were filled with plans and possibilities. Luminor, named for the light of magic that had always guided her, was destined to become a beacon of wisdom and magical discovery.

After weeks of travel, they arrived at Luminor's shores. The continent was stunning, bathed in golden sunlight that reflected off the pristine waters of the coastline. The landscape was a mixture of lush, rolling hills, ancient forests, and towering mountains in the distance. Eleanor's heart swelled with pride as her feet touched the ground of her new home.

"Welcome to Luminor!" she declared to her people as they disembarked.

Her people, a mixture of witches and wizards from all over Europe, shared in her enthusiasm. They spread out to explore the land, some heading towards the forests, while others wandered toward the mountains. Eleanor's core team remained with her as they set up a base camp near the shore, where the first steps of creating their society would begin.

In the following days, Eleanor took to exploring the land in greater detail. She was struck by the magical aura that seemed to hum through the very earth, filling the air with an ancient energy. Luminor was alive with magic, but it was untamed and wild, waiting for someone to shape it into something greater.

Eleanor envisioned Luminor as a place where magical education, research, and craftsmanship would flourish. She pictured universities dedicated to magical arts, vast libraries filled with ancient knowledge, and magical workshops where craftsmen and women could create enchanted items that would rival anything made before.

Her first priority, however, was to build a central city that would serve as the heart of Luminor. She gathered her architects, builders, and enchanters, and together they began drawing up plans for a city that would reflect the elegance of Europe's greatest magical cities but with a new vision, one infused with the spirit of Luminor.

"We shall call it Lumina Primus," Eleanor said during their planning meetings, "the first light, the shining beacon of what we can accomplish here."

The city would feature a grand plaza at its center, surrounded by high spires and intricate bridges. Enchanted fountains and gardens would make the city a place of beauty, and magical lights would line the streets, illuminating them day and night. There would be marketplaces where magical wares from across Europe would be traded, and academies where the best minds would gather to teach and learn.

Beyond the city, Eleanor planned for sprawling magical estates, forests for potion-brewing herbs, and enchanted lakes where magical creatures could thrive. She also envisioned a place for the more mysterious aspects of magic—dark arts that could be studied under careful guidance, for those brave enough to seek out their knowledge.

In the evenings, Eleanor would walk the shores of Luminor, the waves crashing softly at her feet. She knew that building Luminor would not be easy, but she had faith in her people's ability to shape this new land into something magnificent.

The days passed in a blur of work, and soon, the foundations of Lumina Primus were laid. The city would grow, just as the magic of Luminor would grow with it. Eleanor watched as her vision began to take shape, the thrill of creation alive in her soul. Luminor would become a place of learning, of beauty, and of power—a legacy that would stand for generations to come.