CH 50: Grovak's Journey to Stonehollow

As the morning sun bathed the land in golden light, Grovak, the Goblin leader, stood at the edge of the Arcane Crossroads, gazing out at the horizon where his next challenge awaited. His journey back to Stonehollow, the continent of his people, had been long anticipated. Stonehollow—an ancient, mineral-rich land known for its cavernous cities and gleaming underground halls—was where the goblins could truly thrive, away from the vast open plains of Staros. Today was the day he and his people would begin anew, and Grovak felt the weight of his ancestors' expectations upon him.

The air crackled with the scent of magic as a small contingent of goblins gathered at his side, waiting to depart. Grovak turned to his second-in-command, Gilda Ironshaper, a shrewd goblin with an eye for engineering and the subtleties of enchantment.

"Are we ready?" Grovak grunted, his sharp, yellow eyes scanning the bustling city that had grown so quickly.

"Aye," Gilda responded, her voice sharp but respectful. "The ships are packed with the materials and tools we'll need to begin construction. Our scouting party has already mapped the cavern entrances along the eastern cliffs of Stonehollow. They report rich veins of starstone, iron, and enough resources to sustain us for generations."

Grovak nodded, satisfied. Stonehollow was the perfect place to rebuild the goblin kingdom, with its deep mines and sturdy mountains providing everything they needed to establish a stronghold worthy of their kind.

"We move now," Grovak commanded. "Stonehollow will be our new home. We will build cities that rival anything these wizards have made."

The group set off, the journey to Stonehollow aided by goblin airships they had crafted in the early days of their new world. As the sleek vessels cut through the air, Grovak's mind raced with plans. His vision was ambitious: massive underground cities with intricate stonework, marketplaces lined with goblin-forged weapons and armor, and vaults to protect the wealth of their new world.

When they finally descended onto the rocky shores of Stonehollow, Grovak took a deep breath, smelling the metallic tang of the air. The landscape was rugged, with towering cliffs, jagged mountains, and deep valleys. Massive stone formations rose like ancient sentinels, their surfaces carved by the winds and rains of millennia. The continent was a perfect reflection of goblin strength—unyielding and unbreakable.

They made their way to the entrance of a massive cave system that would serve as the gateway to their future city. Inside, the caverns stretched endlessly, glittering with veins of precious metals and gems embedded in the walls. It was a land of wealth and opportunity, waiting to be shaped by goblin hands.

Gilda stepped up beside Grovak, her sharp eyes gleaming in the dim light of the cave. "It's perfect, Grovak. We can start with the main hall and branch out from there. This will be the heart of Stonehollow."

Grovak nodded, already envisioning the massive underground halls lined with goblin-crafted sculptures, enchanted lights that would mimic the sun, and towering fortresses carved into the very rock. His people were natural builders, and this land would allow them to push the boundaries of what even they believed was possible.

"We'll begin here," Grovak declared. "Gilda, oversee the excavation of the main chamber. I want it large enough to house our council, with space for workshops and barracks. We'll establish forges on the lower levels—close to the lava flows—and create the deepest vaults to secure our wealth."

Gilda grinned, her sharp teeth gleaming. "Consider it done. We'll have the main chamber cleared within days."

As the goblins got to work, their hammers and picks echoing through the vast caverns, Grovak felt a surge of pride. His people were industrious, clever, and fiercely independent. Under his leadership, Stonehollow would become a symbol of goblin resilience and power—a stronghold unlike any other.

He walked deeper into the cave, running his hand along the cool stone walls. The earth here was ancient, full of magic and untapped potential. Goblins had always been connected to the land, understanding its secrets in ways that even the most powerful wizards couldn't comprehend.

"We'll carve out our future here," Grovak muttered to himself. "No one will stand in our way."

He already knew the rest of the continent would follow the same pattern. Smaller goblin villages would rise around the central city, each connected by underground tunnels and airship ports. Trade routes would be established with the other continents, and soon, Stonehollow would be the industrial and economic backbone of Astaria.

As he returned to the entrance of the cave, Grovak paused for a moment, gazing out at the mountains that stretched across the horizon. This was their land now, and it would be built on goblin ingenuity and grit.

"Let's show the world what we can do," Grovak said, his voice echoing through the cavern as the work began in earnest. Stonehollow would rise from the depths, and with it, the goblins would claim their rightful place in this new world.