CH 68: Crafting the Skies and Spreading the News

As Staros continued to grow into the thriving heart of Astaria, Harry knew that transportation and communication would be key to connecting the continent and ensuring its continued progress. The next step in his grand plan was to focus on magical flight and news dissemination—two critical elements that would shape the everyday lives of the people in this magical world.

Sitting at his desk in his manor, Harry sketched out ideas for a new series of companies, all revolving around one of his favorite pastimes: flying. The world needed reliable brooms for different purposes, from long-distance travel to high-speed Quidditch matches. And with the creation of such industries, the wizarding world needed a means to stay connected and informed, which led to the formation of a newspaper that would rival anything from their old world.

The first order of business: brooms.

The next day, Harry gathered a group of skilled broom makers, spell engineers, and enchantment experts in one of the Arcane Crossroads Ministry meeting rooms. On the table in front of him were blueprints for a variety of broom designs, each one tailored for a specific purpose.

"Today, we'll be launching a series of companies that will dominate the broom-making industry," Harry began, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "Each company will focus on a different niche in the market, allowing us to serve everyone—from Quidditch players to adventurers to those who just love a smooth ride in the sky."

The broom makers leaned in with interest, eager to hear more.

"First, we have Skyhawk Fliers," Harry said, pointing to the first blueprint. "This company will specialize in lightweight, maneuverable brooms—designed for acrobatic flying. They'll be perfect for Quidditch Seekers and stunt fliers who need precision and quick turns."

Nods of approval followed, and Harry moved on to the next design.

"Then we have Stormrider Craftworks. These brooms are built for long-distance travel in all weather conditions. Think of adventurers, travelers, and those who need to cross large areas of land in difficult climates. These brooms will have enchantments to withstand rain, snow, and wind."

Next, Harry presented the designs for Silverstreak Racing Co.. "This company will focus entirely on speed. The Silverstreak 5000 series will be our signature racing broom, designed with sleek, aerodynamic features for competitive speed racing and, of course, Quidditch."

He glanced over at one of the enchanters known for his work in flight magic. "And we'll be using the most advanced flight charms and aerodynamic enhancements to ensure these brooms are unmatched in speed."

One of the more curious designs on the table was for Windchaser Gliders. Harry smiled as he spoke about it. "These brooms will focus on silent, smooth flight. Perfect for stealth missions or quiet nighttime flying. They'll be used by wizards who need discretion, whether for work or personal reasons."

The next company, Thunderbolt Forge, caught the attention of the heavier-built broom makers. "We'll also need brooms that can handle weight—heavy-duty brooms for transporting goods or carrying loads. These brooms will be stable, durable, and perfect for industrial use."

As he continued, Harry presented Golden Gale Brooms, which would focus on elegance and comfort. "For those who want to fly in style, these brooms will be luxurious and elegant, with plush seating and smooth rides. They'll cater to the wealthy who enjoy flying for leisure."

The room was now buzzing with ideas as Harry introduced the final few companies.

"Phoenixfire Flightworks will specialize in brooms with elemental enhancements—think fire trails, water resistance, lightning speed boosts. Daredevils and elementally-attuned wizards will love these brooms," Harry explained, imagining the brilliant fire-lit trails left in their wake.

"For the night flyers, we have Starstrider Enterprises," Harry continued. "Their brooms will be optimized for nighttime navigation, complete with star charts, navigation spells, and glow-in-the-dark bristles."

"Now, for those working in magical construction or transportation, we'll have Hurricane Hovercrafts. These brooms will feature advanced hovering technology, ideal for precise, low-altitude flights and tasks that require more control than speed."

The final broom company was Tempest Racing Co., which would focus on creating the fastest brooms for professional Quidditch players and competitive flyers. "The Tempest X500 is already in development, and it will be our flagship model—built for precision, speed, and top-tier performance."

With the broom companies established, Harry moved on to another crucial part of their magical society: communication.

Turning to a separate set of blueprints, Harry introduced The Arcane Gazette, a magical newspaper that would provide up-to-date news on everything happening across Astaria.

"This will be more than just a newspaper," Harry explained. "The Arcane Gazette will be enchanted to update itself, providing real-time news. We'll cover everything—magical politics, sports like Quidditch, potion breakthroughs, magical creature sightings, and international magical affairs. The illustrations will be interactive, and articles will update as news develops."

There was a murmur of excitement from the magical writers and illustrators in the room.

"Imagine," Harry continued, "a paper that adjusts its content on the fly, with moving illustrations that bring the stories to life. This will be the premier source of news for the entire continent and beyond."

With the foundation of these new industries in place, Harry had taken another significant step toward making Staros the magical capital it was destined to be. The companies would bring jobs, innovation, and connectivity, while the Arcane Gazette would ensure that all magical communities stayed informed.

As the meeting came to a close, Harry stood back, a sense of accomplishment filling him. The sky was no longer the limit—it was just the beginning. With every new idea, Staros grew stronger, and the future of Astaria became more magical than he could have ever imagined.