CH 44: Builders and Enchanters

The following day, the meeting room buzzed with energy as builders, enchanters, and magical architects gathered. Harry stood at the head of the table, blueprints spread out before him.

"Thank you all for coming," Harry began. "What we're about to create is more than just a set of schools. We're about to build the future of magical education here in Staros. This continent will be the center of magical learning for generations to come, and it's up to us to ensure that these schools not only teach magic but inspire it."

The builders, led by the experienced goblin architect Valkor Stonereach, examined the designs with interest. Next to him stood Alira Windsworn, a renowned enchanter known for her ability to weave magic into buildings in ways that made them seem alive. Together, they would make sure the schools were not only functional but magical in every sense of the word.

"We'll start with Flowering Dawn Academy," Harry said, pointing to the design. "This will be for the youngest students, from daycare to 5th grade. The idea is to create a space where magic feels like play, where children can grow into their abilities in a safe, nurturing environment. I want the classrooms to be bright, with windows that let in plenty of sunlight. The gardens around the school will be enchanted so the children can interact with nature while learning."

Valkor nodded thoughtfully. "We'll make sure the grounds are full of magical plants that respond to the children. And we can add pathways that shift to lead them where they need to go. It'll make exploring the school an adventure in itself."

Alira added, "We'll enchant the playgrounds, too. Perhaps the swings can float on their own, and the slides can shift between dimensions for a bit of harmless fun. It will give the children an early sense of how magic works without overwhelming them."

"Exactly," Harry agreed. "For Dawn to Dusk Academy, the middle and high school building, we'll need something more dynamic. The students here will be learning more complex spells and magic, so the classrooms need to be flexible. I want the buildings to grow with the students—literal and metaphorical. We'll have enchanted trees that provide protection during outdoor lessons, and the classrooms will shift in size depending on the lesson."

Alira's eyes lit up. "We can incorporate enchantments that adapt the space to the needs of the students. And the Library of Infinite Pages? I can work with the librarians to ensure it always has the right book at the right time."

As the meeting continued, Harry moved to the next topic on his agenda—an important feature that would set Dawn to Dusk Academy apart from other magical schools: the six houses. Each house would represent a different aspect of magic and personal growth, drawing inspiration from the guardians of Astaria, whose guidance and protection had become integral to the culture of Staros.

"We've already established that the students at Dawn to Dusk will belong to one of six houses," Harry began, gesturing to the magical projection of the house symbols floating in the air above the table. "Each house is based on a different Guardian, embodying unique traits that will help shape the students' growth, both magically and personally. I want these houses to not only serve as places of learning but also as communities where students find support, friendship, and challenge."

The projection shimmered, and the first house appeared in glowing silver and forest green.

House Angelo: The Serene GuardianColors: Silver and Forest GreenMotto: "In serenity, we find strength."Traits: Graceful, Compassionate, WiseGuardian: A serene, deer-like being with glowing antlers, embodying peace and wisdom.