6.) The Real Reason

Airica's P.O.V

"Don't be nervous Airica. I'll be waiting right outside for you to finish talking to her. If Alex shows up, I'll deal with him. I promise." Luke said to me, giving me a reassuring hug.

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me." I said quietly.

"Don't worry about me. I offered to do this with you. I'm not gonna back down from this until I know you feel better. Whether the talk goes well or not, Ill be ready to talk whenever you are, and wherever you are." Luke said. I smiled at him.

"You really are a great friend Luke." I said. He smile back at me, before we started waling down the path.

Alex should have left for work nearly an hour ago, so we should be safe. And if he's still in the house, I'll just wait until I know Candice is alone to talk to her.

As we approached the edge of the woods, and her house came into sight, I saw her sitting on the front steps smoking a cigarette. Alone. That means Alex is gone, and I don't have to worry about him anymore tonight. Hopefully he doesn't make any surprise visits.

"Go ahead. I'll wait back here." Luke said. I nodded before walking towards the steps were Candice is sitting.

As I walked closer, I saw her turn her head towards me. We mad eye contact, there was no turning back now, no matter how much  wanted to.

"Airica what are you doing here? It's late." She said.

"I had to talk to you and knew I couldn't with Alex around. It's super important, and even if it ends or friendship for good I feel like you should know the truth about me." I said. Candice gave me a weird look but nodded her head, as if to say go ahead.

"Alex was right. I like you more then a friend. I actually fell in love with you awhile ago and waited for the feelings to leave, but they never did. I know you don't like me back the same way, I just thought you deserved to know why I made you chose Alex or me." I confessed.

"I always knew there was something weird about you." Candice said.

"I'm sorry Candice." I said and she just shook her head at me.

"Airica I'm so sorry I have to do this but, we really can't be friends anymore. I don't feel very comfortable around you anymore. I feel like you only hung out with me so you could just see me naked and stuff. So can you please just leave me alone?" Candice said, and my heart shattered.

I swear it even stopped beating for a moment.

"You got it. Goodbye Candice." I whispered before turning and waking away from her house, looking back just to see her walk in the door, not even seeming phased by all this.

I kept walking until I got to Luke and he was sitting on the ground fiddling wth his phone and staringat the ground.

"Luke we can go home now." I said.

"How'd it go?" He asked me.

"Well she feels uncomfortable now because a lesbian saw her naked. She thinks that's the only reason I was ever her friend, and she wants nothing to do with me anymore." I said. Luke frowned and brought me into a hug.

"You labeled yourself. You didn't do that before. Are even sure that you're lesbian?" He asked me as we walked out of the woods and approached my house.

"I don't know what I am anymore."