Chapter 15- Confession (Part 1)

Today is Saturday, a holiday and his parents are out today as well. And you know what I've decided? That I'll tell him, no matter what happens.

During the whole week, Momoi also advised me to tell him about how I feel for him.

At first, I thought that if he doesn't feel the same way for me then it might create a problem in our friendship.

But then, if we are really best friends, then no matter what happens, we will always stay together, no?

That's what I think, and that's the reason why I think I am gonna tell him today, how I feel about him.

Yup, that's what I've decided. But will I be able to confess while acting normal?

We'll see that when I confess.

"Hey Eri-chan." Shoi-kun entered my room and sat on the bed beside me.

"Hey." I replied while smiling at him.

"Are you not hungry?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"I'm not-" my stomach growled as Shoichi chuckled at this.

A light blush came upon my cheeks.
"Your stomach doesn't agree with you." He joked as he stood up.

"Shut up." I said and followed him down to the kitchen.

He got two plates of pancake with maple syrup on it and two glasses of fanta. (A/N- I feel hungry now T_T)

We sat on the dining table while eating the food in our plate.

Silence fell. That too, an awkward one.

"How's your basketball going?" I asked by breaking the awkward silence.

"Its good. We came 2nd in the InterHigh." He replied.

"Woah! 2nd? That's good! Congratulations!" I exclaimed happily with a huge smile on my face.

He just nodded and chuckled at my exclamation.

We soon finished our food while talking about random things. He then took the plates and glasses and put them in the sink.

"NFS?" He asked me as he went to the living room.

"Yeah. But don't get sad when I beat you." I said as I followed him.

"As if you can beat me." He said as we set up the X-box and inserted the Need For Speed: Most Wanted's CD.

We started playing the game.

~~~~~~After 3 hours of playing~~~~~~

Total races: 32

Yup, we raced that much.

Races I won: 13

Races he won: 19

Yup, you got that right. He won the game by 7 races.

"Who's sad now?" He mocked me.

"No one!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Good to see that you don't get sad at small things now." He poked my cheek and smirked.

"I NEVER used to get sad over small things!" I told him while glaring at him.

"Oh yes you did. Like the time you got sad because I got the same marks as you in English." He told me.

I hmm'ed in response and looked away. I heard him chuckle once again.

"Seriously Eri. You're still that childish? I thought that you've grown up now." He said to me.

"If I grew up, then I won't be the same Eri you met." I told him as I smirked.

"That's true, you won't be the same but you'll always be my Eri-chan." He smiled this time, but he smiled his closed eye smile.

I felt myself blushing at his smile, because who would not blush when their crush is right in front of them, smiling like that?

I know that I will.

He sighed slowly before looking at me with a concerned look.

"Shoi-kun? I-is something wrong?" I asked him with a fake laugh in the end.

"Something wrong with me? I should be the one asking you that. Is there something that is bothering you, Eri?" He asked me.

"Nope, there's nothing wrong. Why will you even ask me that?" I faked a laugh once again.

"Because you're not being your normal self." He stated.

"I am my normal self." I said.

"You're not."

"I am."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"No-uhh!" I groaned slightly while glaring at him.

"Now tell me what's wrong." He demanded.

He wasn't going to let me go away without knowing what is happening to me. And knowing me, I can't possibly lie to him for no reason.

Hell, I can never lie to him, no matter what.

"Okay fine. I'll tell you." I heard my heart beating faster by the second.

"I'm listening." He said.

'You can do it, Eri.' I took a deep breath.

'Its now or never.' I assured myself.

"Hmm?" He looked at me and I nodded while taking another deep breath.

"Its just. Since I came back to Japan, I feel really happy. Because I got to meet you again. That's not it. Since I came back, I feel different whenever I'm with you. I've never felt like this with anyone.

You make me feel safe, you protect me from the danger. I know I can always count on you. And I've wanted to tell you this since a long time."

I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.

"I love you, Shoi-kun."