Chapter 9

Esme's P.O.V
As I watched her sleep, Carlisle went to get the adoption form. Holding her warm hand tightly, I watched her convulse on the bed. I stroked her hair gently, whispering reassuring words. Not long after, she stopped wriggling and lay still. I sighed in relief. The door opened and Carlisle came in, holding the forms. He handed them to me along with a pen, and I started writing with my super speed.

Once I was finished, Carlisle nodded and took the forms from me. He, obviously, had already signed.
"I'll give it to them tomorrow morning. It's already 1 am," he said in a hushed whisper.
"Okay," I replied quietly. Just then, Edward walked in. His eyes were dark. He was either thirsty or had not hunted.
"Her blood... it smells so good," he whispered, his eyes darkening to a pitch black. "She's my... singer."
"Get out. Hunt. Don't you dare hurt her," Carlisle hissed, his harsh words somehow managing to sound gentle.
"Fine," Edward was in pain. I ushered him out quickly.
"Hunt. Come back at... 10 am. I'll call you," I told my first 'son'. He nodded, then walked briskly down the corridor.

Edward's P.O.V
Thirst. Her blood was so sweet, I longed to taste it. As soon as I was out of the hospital, I took off running towards the dark woods, to safety, to sanity. I had to get something down my burning, parched throat. But it couldn't be hers. Not Bella's. I also made another astounding discovery. I couldn't read her mind. What?!?

My jumbled thoughts were put on hold as I smelled my favourite meal. Mountain lion. I traced the smell to a clearing, and there it was. One of the biggest I had ever found. It was a shame that I would kill it... I shook my head. I was here to hunt, not to feel sympathetic towards animals. As soon as it saw me, it bolted. But I was faster. I pounced.

The delicious blood poured into my mouth, ran down my parched throat, and soothed it. I smiled. As the cat's struggles got weaker and weaker, I thought about Bella. Her thoughts were protected from me... I sighed. The mountain lion ran dry, but I was still thirsty. Strange, I wasn't a newborn, but I shrugged it off. It was surely because of the singer, right? I sniffed, and smelled a herd of elk next to the stream. This time, I sneaked up on them, and pounced on the biggest one. The others all scattered, running for their life. I smirked. This was going to be a fun hunting night. Not that I had that much time. Meh. I don't care.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I have a question. Do you guys prefer shorter, quicker updates or longer, slower updates? Comment, and I'll do the most voted one. Thanks for reading! As usual,
Like!
Fan!
Comment!
Follow!
Share!
-VampaliciousP