[8]

Jungkook

❝You said you don't have to speak, I can hear you. I can't feel all the things you've ever felt before. I said it's been a long time since someone looked at me that way. It's like you knew me, and all the things I couldn't say.❞ ―Together, The xx

Jungkook's young form had never truly experience love and all the connotation woven within the four letter word, but he would bet his soul on the fact that he loved Jimin. Every action taken by the older boy left Jungkook in a pile of utter adoration, even if it was tasks as simple as walking outside their front door. He had never experience anything so pure, so true, that it was deemed a terrifying thought and an even more scarring ordeal to encounter such an experience. So when Jimin's lips indecisively blurted out the three letter words that held so much weight and meaning, Jungkook ran. He ran as far as his feet would allow him to go. But what he wasn't aware of was the distant ringing of footsteps retracing his.

Jungkook halted his running as he approached a rather large tree that was situated at the very edge of the park. Before transforming into idol, way back into his trainee days, this tree caught his very attention by being completely isolated from the rest of the temporary inhabitants of the park. It transformed into a reticent are that he utilized to gather his thoughts, but as soon as he debuted with Bangtan, he seemed to forget the magnolia tree lingering throughout the seasons, just awaiting his return. So as he expeditiously escape his true feelings, he rediscovered all of his distant memories buried in the dirt along with the roots of the tree.

He pondered his trainee days; how he wondered if this was the correct occupation for him to pursue, how he beat himself up over every minuscule mistake that he knew he should have executed perfectly, how he seemed to long for his parents for eternity. All those memories, they were written in the bark and were whispered across the land with every rustling of a single leaf. Jungkook allowed his back to recline to where he was leaning up against the tree, authorizing a sigh to exit his lips. As much as he enjoyed reminiscing about the past, he was aware his present was going to catch up with him eventually and there wasn't a single way he could deal with it other than confronting it when it arrived.

Although Jungkook happened to be knowledgeable enough to be aware that Jimin was going to arrive adjacent to him in a matter of time, he wasn't aware of exactly how long Jimin would take to discover where the younger boy had gone. Unfortunately for the sake of Jungkook, Jimin was far too conversant with the topic of his boy, therefore he had an inkling of the relative location where the boy would have escaped to. When Jungkook saw Jimin's Timberland boots stride onto the grass out of the corner of his eye, he knew he was going to have to release all his fears out into the open for every ear in a quite similar location could observe with their ears. The thought of strangers being aware of his every weakness, every fiber, bone in his body, and everything that made up him, Jeon Jungkook, horrified him. He almost launched himself back into a sprint, but Jimin grabbed his wrist with a tough grip and refused to release him. Jungkook now had no decision on where or not he could take part in the conversation they were about to engage in, and that seemed to frighten more abundantly than the strangers being aware of his secrets could ever horrify him.

Not being allowed to commit a choice that you have created was like drowning in a lake conjured by Mother Nature. You were being entirely smothered by an fractious undisciplined item that didn't belong to you personally. And as the water permeated throughout your lungs, you'd invariably be notified that the origins of your fate were no longer in your hands, but in something that belonged to someone, or something, much larger.

"Jungkook, please talk to me," Jimin pleaded, resting against the coarse bark. Jungkook heeded his words, situating himself next to the boy. He rested up against the tree, similar to his lover near him, but Jungkook struggled to get comfortable like Jimin always appeared to be. "Why did you run from me?"

Jungkook attempted to reply, he really did, but his voice got caught up in his throat and tears pricked at his eyes and suddenly he was a bawling mess, screaming about how in love he was with Jimin and how he was too afraid to express how he was feeling underneath his skin. It was quite a surprise how much Jungkook opened up to Jimin, and even Jimin had to admit that he was shocked. Jungkook rarely let a hint of his emotions through his facial expressions or even actions but when he did, it was a continuous waterfall of remorse that fell from his tear ducts. It was tragic that Jungkook contained all these emotions and thoughts within the confines of his brain, but Jimin had to admit there was beauty in the tragedy. He finally had Jungkook fell comfortable and situated enough to bust down his walls, and that's all Jimin could ask for.

"A-And most of all..." Jungkook gasped, attempting to get a handle on his breathing. "I'm scared of forgetting all the great memories I've had." Jungkook was aware of how ridiculous his statement sounded as it was released from his mouth and into the outside world. Jimin just chuckled at the statement and Jungkook suddenly felt small.

"Oh, Kookie," Jimin giggled. "Kookie, Kookie."

"What?" Jungkook questioned harshly, mustering the dirtiest look he could give. That course of action just caused Jimin to begin laughing harder.

"New memories are the best." Jimin said matter-of-factly. "I've made some pretty sweet new memories myself."

"Like?" Jungkook asked, raising his eyebrow. The next thing he was aware of, Jimin was close to him, almost too close, his lips brushing up against Jungkook's as he spoke.

"Like this."

And the next thing he knew, he was kissing Park Jimin.