15 - Mercury's Expenses

(Song Recommendation: Blackbear - IDFC [Crankdat Re-Crank])

The entire room was filled with the deafening sound of chattering and Link watched as many men pulled over their servers, telling them to collect briefcases of money from their bags and cars. Link glanced over at Vulture once and fuck, he looked great. His suit was straightened out and the colours blended with his general persona and dark aura. The expensive jewellery he wore around his neck matched the Rolex watch tied around his wrist, to which the female beside him kept eyeing. He seemed quite surprised and Link knew exactly why.

He knew he might get it in the neck later.

Might.

"Well then, shall we start the bidding?" The rose gold-dressed host asked with a laugh. "Venus, how much would you like to start with?"

"... Ten thousand dollars." Vulture spoke with his fingers tapping on his table impatiently. "A fair offer for a young virgin like Mercury. Do I hear fifteen thousand dollars?" The host's question echoed throughout the club as she stepped down from the stage again. Link anxiously pulled at and played with the hem of his dress, his paranoia only causing his seduction to increase

"Fifteen thousand dollars-!" A female jumped at the corner of the room. Her blue evening gown threw itself up as she shouted. "Twenty-five thousand dollars." A man from Vulture's table stood up and shot back, holding his champagne glass high. "Twenty-five thousand dollars! Does anyone wish to bid higher?" The host asked, gesturing to Mercury as the young male bit his lip and rubbed the lower region of his arm, shaking from the nerve-wracking experience.

"Forty thousand dollars." The girl from beside Vulture stood up and crossed her arms with a laugh. Applause and gasps enacted from around the club due to her high amount of money. "Forty thousand dollars! Going once? Going twice?" The host exclaimed excitedly.

"One hundred thousand dollars." Vulture muttered as he sipped on his glass of wine, his voice low and husky but still loud enough to echo once or twice throughout the room.

Mercury bit his knuckle and pushed his hair behind his pierced ear, his hands trembling and shaking more than ever as his cheeks flushed cherry red. "One hundred thousand dollars!" The host's enthusiasm squeaked higher than a flute as she twirled around a few times with a smooth giggle. "Does anyone wish to outbid our guest's host?"

"One hundred and fifty thousand dollars." A man from the back of the room stood up, holding a large briefcase high in the air and waving it from side to side with a smirk. "One hundred and fifty thousand?! Are you crazy?!" The girl beside him shouted, her fist charging into his thigh and the man sniggered, nudging her away with his hip. "... Perhaps... But maybe there's something about this one that I'm... Seemingly intrigued by...?" He smirked, a little too full of himself. He was a tall man with brown hair and dark hazel eyes. He was quite good-looking as a matter of fact but every ounce of his existence was despised by Link.

"Mercury" could practically smell the wine and sex that reeked off of him like havoc and riot in a war zone.

Many of the guests who didn't bring that much money were now just laughing along in the misty fog of the crowd, seeing how high the bid would go (of course, they wanted it to be the highest bid of the night. "Mercury" was special - in their eyes that is.) "Venus, do you plan on giving one hundred thousand dollars to the man behind you?" The host asked with a tilt of her head and a sway of her sequin-kissed hips. "... Three hundred thousand dollars." He mumbled, pulling a cigarette from his blazer pocket.

"Doubling the bid, Ven-!" The host shouted and threw her hand into the air before she was rudely cut off by the hazel-eyed bidder.

"You're a harsh bidder, Venus. Five hundred thousand dollars, cash." He stepped away from his table with a smirk, already making an attempt to approach the stage to "collect his prize." "Five hundred thousand dollars!" The host gasped in joy, several members of the crowd surprised and applauding whilst others encouraging Vulture to bid higher.