21 - Asperity Tastes Like Vanilla

(Song Recommendation: None.)

"... Link, how long do you plan on being in here for...?" Vulture sighed, pushing the cart along the floor with a damp look in his eyes. "I don't know. However long it takes." Link waved his hand as he opened a small fridge and looked through it. "What do you even eat?"

"The souls of innocent human beings."

"Not helpful, honey." Link groaned and took a small box of frozen berries from a nearby freezer to throw into the cart. "Don't go picking up everything revolved around strawberries." Vulture warned him and opened another freezer to take out a tub of ice cream. "Says the man picking up a tub of strawberry ice cream." Link chuckled as Vulture growled something under his breath and threw in a tub of mint-choc-chip and vanilla.

"Do we really need that many tubs of ice cream?" "Gang leaders can have ice cream too y'know. I live without my parents, therefore, I can do what I want, honey."

"You are one of the most powerful men in America, therefore, you can do what you want." Link imitated the taller male with a quiet giggle, the pet name still warming his cheeks with the colour of cotton candy. "I still want ice cream. Leave me alone."

"You say that like I hate it... Anyway, what food do you like to eat?" He continued

"Put fish in this cart and I'll never talk to you again." Vulture snapped at him. "Ah, you don't like fish?" "Battered fish. Can't stand the shit. I can eat any fish that you want. Any seafood that you want but you keep your deep-fried cod away from me."

"What about this then?" Link picked up a pack of two salmon patties. "I can cope with those." Vulture gestured for him to put the item in the cart. "Good... Vulture, we don't need this much ice cream." Link sighed when the gang-leader picked up a box of freeze-pops. Vulture gave him a death glare as he threw the box in. "Yes, we do. I need cold things to keep me awake at night."

"Speaking of which, do you want to buy coffee whilst we're here?"

"Don't bother, I purchase expensive stuff from websites because it's better quality."

"That's very like you... Living off of products that cost more than most of your organs on the black market." Link rolled his eyes as he continued looking around the store. When he didn't receive a reply from Vulture, he turned around and was a little irritated to see him on his phone and holding two products in his hand. "What are you doing? C'mon, we can't just wait around."

"Give me a second... I'm searching up something."

Link groaned and walked away to search through another aisle. He admired the shelves of canned fruits, especially the peaches and pineapple. As his fingers touched one of the cans, a hand grasped two of them. His head snapped around and his eyes met the same glowering pair as before.

Vulture placed the tins down in the cart and then turned to the younger male to pin him to the wall carefully and safely. "... V-Vulture, I-I... I-I don't know how I feel about this..." Link mumbled, trying to push him away. "Is it to do with before...? Because the store isn't busy... It's a Sunday, there's a storm outside and it's quite an unpopular store in general... Be honest with me..." Vulture whispered as he pressed a kiss to Link's jawline. At the soft touch, Link's fist whipped out and he punched Vulture square in the face.

"O-Oh my god, are you okay? H-Holy shit, I-I'm so sorry."

Vulture took a step back and nodded, rubbing his temple. "... V-Vulture, I-I didn't mean to-" Link was cut off when the opposing male grabbed his wrists and pinned him to the aisle wall forcefully, knocking down a few objects in the process.