32 - Nicotine Tongues Enchanting Me

(Song Recommendation: None.)

"Here." One of the men from the moving company took the box from Link with a smile. "O-Oh... Thanks." The teen flashed back a smile, only weaker, as he picked up a smaller box. "Coming in from outta' town then? I'm Andrew." The stranger smiled back. "... I-I'm Link... T-This is my first time moving... I've been in New York for all of my life..." Link managed to choke out with sweaty hands that couldn't keep a tight grip on the small box he held.

"Sounds great! I have a few cousins in New York too. Out of curiosity, is Mr Venus a companion or a family member? He's quite well-known throughout these parts." Andrew asked, carrying the box over to another room with the young teen trailing behind him. "... H-He's... Well..." Link glanced over at Vulture, who was conversing with Red and another man who had turned up to help with the unpacking of the boxes.

"... H-He and I have been best friends for a while now." He lied, putting his box down on the ground to open it up and remove the items inside. "That's nice. I didn't see Venus as the type that always wants a best friend around. I just thought he was the type with a good hand for rolling dice. Winning all the cash and the ladies, y'know?" Andrew laughed, putting down the box he was holding to start removing the items. "Where would you like these items?"

"... O-Oh, just in the cupboards." Link directed him to each kitchen cupboard and the taller male nodded with a hum. As the teen pushed a few wine glasses into a higher cupboard, he felt a hand slide over the small of his back. He nervously moved back as Andrew opened a cupboard next to him. "Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you." Andrew laughed a little, pushing a few sets of bowls and other equipment into the cupboard. "... I-It's fine." An audible gulp enacted from Link's throat as Red and Vulture entered the room with some more boxes (Red was holding one large one, whereas Vulture was holding two small ones.) "How did you sleep last night, Link?" Red asked with a smile. Link avoided eye contact at the thought of those damned moments.

Link woke up in shock, panting with tears running down his face. He pulled the bed sheets up to his mouth, continuing to sniffle as he tried to wipe his damp cheeks. On the verge of lying back down and going back to sleep, an arm slid around his waist and a soft feeling brushed against his cheek. "... Are you okay?" Vulture whispered to him and pulled him close. Link nodded with a sniff, moving in closer. "I-I'm fine."

"... Are you sure?" The gang leader rolled his fingertips over the damp redness of the younger male's face. Link nodded again, closing his eyes as Vulture sat back a little to lay the teen on his chest. "... Did you have a nightmare?" "N-No... I said I was fine."

"... Link, people experience nightmares all the time... Tell me what it was about."

Link sighed. "It was just something a bit silly... Just to do with pills and drugs and overdoses..." He explained softly. "... That isn't silly. It matters." Vulture lifted the younger male's head to gaze into his custard-painted irises. "... It shouldn't matter that much..."

"But it does."

Within seconds of the soft-voiced reply, Link was pinned down to the bed gently with Vulture hovering above him. "... Is this making you feel uncomfortable?" "... N-No." The younger male leant forwards, his arms tied around the opposing male's neck. It was hard to see him but his red irises stood out in the dark colours of the shadowy bedroom. "... Can I?" Vulture asked softly, his lips deadly close to Link's, the tips almost brushing together through the frosty heat of the room.

Link sighed and nodded, pulling Vulture down the slightest bit more to kiss him.

His fingers were entangled in his hair moments later, his breaths sharp and fast. The weak scent of coffee was aromatic and solid through each violent movement and desperate push. Tongues fought through gates of dominance until one won and beat the other with blood and broken teeth. The teen growled when Vulture grabbed his waist and brought his hands up to massage his hips. "Hm..." The gang leader smirked with a hum as Link's expression moved from that of a scary and angry one to a vulnerable and hot one.