34 - Intimacy Waits Too Long

(Song Recommendation: None.)

There were blurs of white. Foamy and displaying warmth. It felt cold for some reason. Perhaps it was his hand laying on the side. He felt tired as if he was already sleeping amongst the sheets of clouded waters. The bottles were knocked over and the view of the crystal blue coast could be seen from far away outside the locked, gold-rimmed windows. He felt fingers slide between his own, tapping lightly against his knuckles. The sharp, frozen metal of those rings brushed against his bones, making his skin paler by the second. The blood rushed to his face and his cheeks flushed pink with lust and ecstasy when he heard it.

Music enacted from downstairs after the radio had been left on although the noise seemed distorted and was scaring him a little. There were fuzzy sounds and buzzing as the cold metal continued rubbing against his pale skin and warming his hands with delicate frost.

"... When is Chester coming back?"

The rain outside was getting heavier and the water pellets were attacking the ocean like bullets to a machine gun. Each raindrop splashed down, making the sand mushy and the ocean blurry with each smudge and speckle that ran down from the grey clouds above that masked the naked sun.

"God knows... Her home is on the opposite side of the park grounds... It's a little smaller and a little more compact but it's only her and another colleague anyway..."

The humming from downstairs continued until the radio suddenly turned off by itself and the music came to an abrupt stop. The silence was hurried and hasty and blurred Link's vision like a neon glow of the sunset's beautiful shades. Many orange flecks caught his pupil, as did the pink blurs and the red and yellow smudges.

"... So you and I have time alone?"

The grip on his hand tightened and the metal dug into his grazed knuckles. The skin peeled at the edge of his nail as a warm air brushed against his collarbone and swam over the teeth-shattering bites.

"... Link."

Chests pushed together, legs entwined, jewellery brushing against beauty that murdered the fakeness of their lime-tasting tongues. One drink stood untouched, the other daintily moved with the warm splash of a beach's sunset that slid amongst the faint shaking. He didn't remember his name but could feel it tattooed on his neck from those breathless marks. They were territorial and they almost scared him. His eyes, full of deadpan emotions, swooned at the sight of both drinks overturned like those oddly shaped plastic bottles that lay amongst the company of a burning candle on the windowsill. And he heard it again. Remembering it all over again.

Vulture pulled back calmly to catch his breath. His pace was just as quick as the younger boy's. Sharp pants infused the room's sense of quiet, loud voices from outside the windows not able to break the rough material. He turned to the drinks beside the bath, one overturned and the other untouched. He picked up the full glass and swished the green liquid around amongst the transparent cone shape.

"... You seem a little quiet today." Vulture pointed out, taking a sip of the drink before pulling the small cherry off the edge to place it in his mouth. Link looked up anxiously, rubbing his shoulders. "W-Well, we're in a bathtub. We're naked. We're sat right next to an open window that people could see us out of and you're drinking... I'm just nervous."

The gang leader chuckled, opening his mouth to pull out the stem of the cherry. The soft material had been curled into a knot and he glanced over at Link, who was trying to focus on anything happening outside the window. "For a start, bathing is normal. For a second, do you expect us to bathe with clothes on? There is literally nobody outside so I highly doubt anyone is going to see us and there is barely any alcohol in both of these drinks to make me even the slightest bit tipsy." Vulture rolled his eyes, pressing a hand to the teen's shoulder to push him back against the wall of the tub. He put down the knotted stem in his opposing hand to pick up the cherry from the overturned glass.