31 - Jealousy Tore The Bed Sheets

(Song Recommendation: None.)

"Forty-one dollars." The driver turned around from his large seat, the taxi parked amongst several sports cars. Link admired the variety of red Ferraris and white Lamborghinis with his elbow propped up against the dirty glass panes. There was a ruffling of a paper and small talk followed by a chuckle before a hand fell on his shoulder. He turned quickly and Vulture gestured for him to step out of the car.

Their "thank you's" were thrown from the backseat before they were outside and walking through a cold, icy car park. "What's with all the ice...?" Link asked softly as Vulture tied an arm around his waist. "It snowed a few days ago and these are the remains. There was quite a lot but now it's just wind... We should get inside quickly." The teen was led up to a large set of gates, almost twice the size of him. It was seemingly intimidating but he ignored it, not wanting a large obstruction to take advantage of his fears. "It's about a ten-minute walk to the house. Some of the houses are a good twenty minutes away so people have their cars out here and inside."

"They have more than two sports cars?"

"Well, it isn't anything new... Especially in a place like this where most of the neighbours are snobby, arrogant pieces of shit..." Vulture removed his phone from his pocket to scan the symbol on the screen, along with the number sat beneath. The gates slowly opened and he chuckled lightly. "We should probably walk quickly, considering there's a storm on its way." The gang leader continued with a smile and scratched the back of his neck.

"... Storms are nice."

"Not when you're stuck in them. C'mon."

Turns out the weather took them by surprise and not even three-quarters of the way through the journey, it was pouring down with rain. Their suitcases were running over the concrete and their feet were moving as if they were stuck in a game of flaming hopscotch.

"It's going down my fucking back...!" Link laughed a little, speeding up and trying to pull
his luggage along a little quicker. "I can see Red's truck from here. I'm surprised she got here first... Maybe she took a shortcut?" Vulture snickered as their moving truck pulled up and parked behind Red's vehicle. "Good timing." He smirked as Red jumped out of her truck and ran towards the two. "I thought you guys would have been here already!"

"Our flight was delayed and we ended up making it to the airport a lot earlier than expected so whilst you were driving, we were in a lounge."

"You're taking the piss..." Red growled. "You owe me a coffee. The moving guys told me they'd put the boxes in the house tonight and come back tomorrow to help with the unpacking. Next week they'll be here again to ask about the payment for the truck... They mentioned the price... Said something about it ranging from eight to one hundred and fifty quid, I think...?" "Right, right... We can start unpacking tomorrow with them then..." The young female and Vulture engrossed in their own conversation as Link turned to the large house. It was just as big as the other homes and was full of lights. "Okay, got it." He turned back to the other two at the sound of their conversation ending. "Link, Red is staying in a nearby hotel tonight but the boxes are being moved into the house first. Just go in and look around." Vulture tossed him the keys which were accompanied by a Panic! At The Disco keychain.

"... N-Now?"

"Yes, now. Just leave your bags out here, we'll sort them out."

Link nodded obediently and nervously approached the house. It took him a short while to reach the door. It was white and almost looked like plastic. He anxiously unlocked the door with the keys when he reached it, to which he then pulled himself into the house as if he was a pale-skinned corpse. He shut the door behind him and bathed in the house's warmth, taking in the beautiful view of the laminated wood flooring that led into the other rooms. "... Oh." Is all he could withstand, quite gob-smacked by the sight.