43 - Words Through Clenched Teeth

(Song Recommendation: Alberto Rosende - Fragile World [Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments - Soundtrack.])

"What do you need to talk about then?" Vulture grunted with crossed arms as he entered the house. Link followed just behind and dropped his bags on the floor. He sat down on his knees with a sigh and pressed his hands to his face. Vulture turned around and glared at him. "What is it?" He sat in front of him with his weak arm hanging over his propped up leg.

Within seconds of the sharp words, Link jumped back up to take hold of Vulture's cheeks and press their lips together. It was desperate, needy and Vulture wanted it to go on but knew that "all good things must come to an end." "No, they don't, Sean..." Link sighed through each kiss, continuing to hold him close. "... Didn't realise I said that out loud..." Vulture muttered as Link pinned him down to the floor. "It's a damn good job you did otherwise I would have considered stopping..." Link's voice sunk down into a whisper. It was seductive and warm and incredibly, undeniably sexy.

Vulture slid his arms around the younger male's waist to hold him close. "... Then don't stop."

As Vulture sat up to pull Link into his lap, the front door flung open. "Are you finished?" Red asked with a sigh. Vulture pulled back for a moment and his eyes were full of despair. As he loosened his grip on Link, Red groaned, "I'm not saying you have to stop, calm down... Could you at least move out of the doorway?"

Link looked down at Vulture and smiled, patting his head. Vulture, without warning, lifted up Link and carried him off upstairs. "Use protection-!" Red shouted after them. "Yeah, sure..." The taller male mumbled with a smirk. "You'll use fucking protection or you'll pull out before you release because I'm not-" Link protested but was cut off by Vulture's squeak. "I-I didn't think we were actually doing it-!

"... Well, do you want to?" Link asked as he slipped out of Vulture's grasp to trail off into the bedroom. Within seconds of walking in, Vulture had his shirt off and was pulling off his belt. "You seem desperate." Link chuckled a little, unbuttoning his shirt slowly. "I am desperate, therefore, if you don't hurry up with that shirt I'm going to rip it off you and bite you harder than any other toxic freak could."

Link tilted his head and continued with his slow movements. "Mhm?" He hummed in delight. Vulture snarled and stormed over to grab Link's shirt collar and tear off the weak fabric. "H-Hey-!" Link snapped but cut himself when a pleasurable pain caught the skin of his neck. "S-Sean-" "I'm listening, honey..."

"Don't c-call me that."

"Oh, I could call you so much worse, my darling..."

The night was layered like a sponge cake. It was carved into perfection and the ratio of love to seduction was higher than the clouds. It was only after each action and through the sweat and panting that there was regret. It tasted bland and both of them found themselves chewing on the melancholy flavour over and over again like a piece of gum that lost its mintiness about ten minutes ago.

"... Sorry." Vulture sighed and kissed Link's forehead. "For what?" The younger male looked up worriedly as those delicate hands continued running through his hair. "... Y'know... The argument... And just... Saying stuff."

Link smiled weakly and snuggled into the gang leader's grasp. "You're forgiven. I'm sorry for just making such a big deal about it... Sean, I need a little more time. Just a tiny bit more."

"Link, there's no time limit... Don't worry... You don't have to say it if you don't want to anyway-" Vulture was cut off by the bedroom door slamming open and Red rushing in.

"I made spaghetti." She squished her face with a gasp. "... As a midnight snack?" Vulture asked with a smirk. "Very early breakfast or very late dinner. Now, come and get some spaghetti. I've made enough to feed a family of ten." "... Alright, at least let us get changed."