Chapter 11

Football Team Chat

We arrived at the school and walked up the steps of the school, the platform and parking lot were filled with the socail groups only talking in and to their own little world bubbles. Bella was with the cheerleaders, Caleb was with the football jocks, and Emily and her friend Skylar were talking in the artistic group wearing their cheerleading uniforms. Skylar and Emily were the only ones that were representives of two groups. When Bella saw us walking hand in hand right past her little group to the football team she rolled her eyes at us. the football team saw us, they smiled and Caleb gave me a sad/confused look.

"So are y'all offical?" James asked with a wide grin and he playfully punched Dustin in the shoulder. they had a game today and they were all wearing jerseys. I looked at Dustin, he had to had told James something. Dustin smiled and bit his lip at the same time and nodded. He put his arm around me, and I leaned into him.

"Are you joining the cheer squad?" Skylar walked over. "All the football team's girlfriends are on it, even I was forced to. Sadly once you're in, you're in till you leave even if you break up with with a football player." she laughed.

"Me? A cheerleader?" I laughed. "No offense but i'd rather die."

"Spunky. I like her." One of the teammates said. "What happened to your face?"

"Skateboard accident." I shrugged.

"Really? What happened?" James said.

"I tried to ride a rail, and i got off ballanced and fell down the stairs." I lied.

"Shit." Another teammate said.

"It's nothing really, our dad used to have us run across train tracks and slide down mountains. sometimes we got hurt." Caleb spoke up.

"He wanted us to be tough." I said smiling at the memories.

"Your dad is insane." James said.

"Hey, it wasn't like that. he was a cop he wanted us to be able to fall, get back up and keep running incase of a emergency." i said.

"He bought us guns too." Caleb said. "Dad was really paranoid he thought people were after us because of him and our uncle."

"What did they do?" James asked.

"I have no clue." Caleb shrugged.

"Kylie?" James asked with hope in his eyes.

"This is the first time I've heard it had something to do with Ike."

"Wait what is your uncle and dad's names?"

"Ikeric and Michael. Mike and Ike for short. Why?"

"There's a candy call Mike and Ike." James laughed. The rest of the team laughed and Caleb looked at me who was getting annoyed.

"Yeah that's real mature James." I rolled my eyes.

"So Dustin have you met Mike and Ike?" James joked.

"James, cut it out." Dustin said sternly. "It's not funny to joke about the dead."

"Wait their dead?" James eyes widened.

"My dad is and I'm not completely sure about Ike." I said looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." James hugged me, it was intensely hot in his arms and I pushed him away.

"It's fine." I whispered and walked over to the tree I sat at yesterday, whispering to myself, "This is why I'm a loner."