Chapter 24

Through the window
*Kylie's POV*

We spent the day in the house, eating, sleeping, cuddling and things I shouldn't tell you. Dustin went to sleep around 11 o'clock with me in his arms. i made a high pitch whistle around 11:30 and when he didn't wake up i got out of his arms. i crawled out of his bed, grabbed my stuff and slipped out the window. after i landed in the bushes i walked down to my house, the weekend was fun and all but i can't really live there without getting in trouble. when i got to my street i saw the lights were on in the front of the house and i went through my bedroom window to get in. i could hear the couple screaming at each other about God knows what.

I washed my make up off my face and got dressed for bed. It was weird, the thought of sleeping alone after the last couple days. I laid down on my bed, the springs creeked and the screaming match just stopped. Silence filled the house  and I looked up when there became light coming from under the door. The was heavy foot steps and a shadow outside my door. i jumped up and ran to my closet without a sound just before they opened my door. I hide in my clothes, praying not to be seen. Sadly my prayers did not help me.

"Well. Well. Well. I guess the slut came back." John siad and grabbed my arm, dragging out of my closet.

"Jackass." i mumbled. "I'm not a slut." i said glaring at him.

"Oh please. you have the marks to prove it." he said.

"Oh really? where are they?" the light flashed on just as i said it.

"You had them not even 3 days ago." The skunk said. she said as John and her expected my perfectly clean neck.

"How-?" uncle John said.

"Nice make up work." The Skunk said. "Did you learn that from your mommy? cause God knows your mom was a whore-"

"Fuck off, bitch." i said and tried to free my arm so i could punch her. "You have no leg to stand on when it comes to being a whore, you hypocritical hoebag."

She went to slap me, but as soon as she got in range i kicked her hard in chest, John was still holding my arm but when he realized what happened he threw me to the ground. his strength sent me into the vanity and i smashed the side of my head into the wooden corner. A huge cut slashed down from my temple to my jaw, blood dripped down in huge drops on the floor. however John didn't see that i was punshed enough and started kicking and stomping on me. pain serged everywhere and soon the skunk got up and joined John on the other side of me.

The door was open and i saw a sad look in the eyes of my brother who just walked through the door. he disappeared for a second and it felt like an enterity with the beating i was continuing to get. i felt my thigh bone break in my right leg and then the Skunk jumped on my left foot and i screamed as every bone in it shattered. my right hip was next and countless ribs, before James came running in.

i blacked out from the pain when i saw a black boot come down and pain surged through my skull.

*Caleb's POV*

i heard noises coming down the hall, screams of pain and loud bangs. i saw Kylie's door open, i didn't believe it because she was supposed to be at Dustin's where it was safe. but when i saw her i was glad James was still outside and i ran out the front door.

"James, she needs your help!" i came rushing out to where he was  parked making out with Bella. he looked at me with a confused look.

"Who?"

"Kylie! she's getting the life beaten out of her by John and Vic!" i rushed out and ran back into the house James rushed past me throwing a phone at me that was calling Dustin. i heard screaming but there wasn't anything for me to do because Dustin picked up the phone.

"James? do you know where Kylie is? she's not in my bed." i heard his worried voice. i got to the room to see Kylie limp on the floor, Victoria a few feet away her chest rising and falling with her breathe and James wrestling a knife out of John's hands. we were going to talk about the whole Kylie in his bed thing but now was not the time.

"It's Caleb. Kylie's home, you need to get down here. now! she maybe dead." i said into the phone.

"I'm on my way." was all i her before a beeping noise.  i looked back to John and James, John was knocked out and James put the knife down on Kylie's desk. James looked at me and we kneeled down on either side of Kylie. i checked her pulse, it was weak but at least it was still there.

"Her heart is still beating." i said to James. he pulled out a seringe filled with a clear liquid and stabbed it into Kylie's outer thigh. her heart fluttered and then just stopped. "What did you do?!"

"It's called saving her life." James said as he lifted Kylie and carried her to her bed and laid her gently down. he then walked over to John and gave him a shot of a more yellowish-gold, the same with Victoria.  "Them on the other hand i taking all their memories of you two." he picked up Victoria and slung her over his shoulder and took her to her bedroom down teh hall, the same with her husband.

"Her heart stopped. how would that save her life?" i asked.

"Trust me, she's not dead. now go into your room and pack all your stuff up." he said and we heard a truck pull up. within seconds there was Dustin kneeling next to Kylie's limp unchanging body.

"Terrac?" he said. "You're not planning-"

"It's our only choice." James interrupted and started packing up Kylie's clothes. "they've had their names enlisted since they were 14, anyway."

Dustin looked at her then turned his attention to me for a split second, just to say, "get packed. you're going to Ike."