Chapter 23

Okay, I guess

Dustin was shaking his head and Jessica had a look that said 'oh shit'. "You didn't tell her?" Jessica gave him a look that could cut through 100 feet of ice. Dustin shrugged and walked out of the room, mumbling things I couldn't hear.

*Dustin's POV*

"It's just I don't like talking about." i mumbled and walked up to my room. it's not something that i like and honestly i rather just pretend it doesn't exist. i understand people shouldn't hold in there feelings and not tell anyone, but i seriously don't even care enough to know my parents. they left me, that's the fact. they didn't want me from the start so i don't need them.

i heard a knock on my door and it opened to Kylie's head poking out. "Hi." she said lightly, her voice was quite. it was like she was talking to someone she was scared of.

"Hey." I said causiously, not completely sure if she was going to want me to talk about it.

"Can i come in?" She asked quitely. I nodded and moved over making room for her on the bed. She opened the door and walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, her beautiful brown eyes that could make me mealt within seconds, shearched mine for anything.

My jaw clenched, I didn't want to talk about it. "I'm fine." I said as gently as I could with me teeth clenched. She must have thought I was mad at her because she got a sad face and looked down at her hands.

"Why-?"

"Can we not talk about it?" I said interrupting her. "I really don't like this topic."

"Okay." She continued looking at her hands, I looked at her hands and I noticed she was playing with the ring I gave her. She had taken it off and was staring down at it.

My brain came to a screeching halt, she took off the engagement ring. She pulled it off, her voice had been careful, the tone she used was one that someone would use if they were talking to someone they were afraid of.

"Why did you take it off?" I whispered as my brain went through bad snario after snario, my heart breaking in her hand.

"I just like looking at it better like this." She said looking up at me, she kept the ring in her hand.

"It looks 100% better on your finger." I said as I reacheled over and took it from her hand and slipped it on her finger and kissed her knuckles. She smiled at me and I grabbed the back of her head and pressed my lips against hers. I pulled her closer and my hand that was on the back of her head weaved through her hair as I deepened the kiss.

She pulled away for a second. "Why didn't you tell me?" As soon as the words left her lips my head dropped onto her shoulder.

"I don't want to know them, I don't want to have it exist. I rather pretend it doesn't exist. They didn't want me." I said into her shoulder. "I don't tell people because I hate how they pity me. They look at me like a kicked puppy, and obviously I'm not."

She nodded. "Okay." She smiled and we went back to kissing. And everything is okay, I guess. It was nice to tell her this but how mad will she be when she finds out I know what happened to her parents and uncle?