Chapter 26

Cileen and car accidents
*Caleb POV*

I was walking up the hallway when I saw the familiar silvery-white dyed hair curled to perfection that hung all the way down to her black jean covered butt. Her black combat boots clicking against the floor was intoxicating, making anyone to want to follow her. My heart went from zero to 1,000 just looking at her, a smile spread across my face and walked up to her, Kathryn and some other girl were with her.

"Skylar." Her name felt amazing in my mouth and was music to my ears. She turned around, her eyes gleamed with interest and then lit like a fire with happiness when she saw me.

"Yes, Caleb?" Her voice sang through the air, her big beautiful blue-gray eyes just looking at me stopped my heart and uttered me speechless. Pull it together, just be honest with her! Tell her! My mind screamed at me, but my eyes flicked to the other two.

"Can I talk to you? Alone?" I asked, more like begged. She looked back at the other two and shrugged.

"Sure." She said and followed me to a separate hallway that was abandoned. "What do you want to talk to me about?"

"So, I really like you. I think you're beautiful and amazing and funny. You're kind and smart. The way you smile is like the morning sun, shining brightly pulling the attention form all 4 corners of the world. would you please do me the amazing, no wonderful honor of going on a date with me?" I asked nervously in a rush.

She smiled and hugged me. "Yes." She said and pressed her ruby stained lips against my cheek, leaving a mark from the lipstick. She let go and started walking away, with a little more bounce to her step. She turned her head and called over her shoulder, "H175 at 8 o'clock." Then she disappeared as she turned the corner leaving me smiling touching my cheek with an awed look on my face in her wake.

*Dustin's POV*

Kylie had bolted, she could be anywhere in the compound. With her speed she could be anywhere in the country. Ike was right, she really didn't like hospitals. I was jogging the hallway hoping to find her before they release everyone for lunch. My phone buzzed with a text message.

Don't worry I got her -Ike

Where? Can I see her?

My room, bring Caleb with you -Ike

OK. I sent and started walking towards Ike's room, when I saw a very happy Caleb trotting down the hallway with a huge grin slapped across his face, and there was a pair of ruby lips marked onto his face like a burn.

"I'm guessing a certain someone got a date." I joked and put my arm around his shoulder.

"Yup and I can't believe it." He said.

"Well, I'm happy for you but Ike wants you so you better get serious." I said and he nodded his grin disappearing. "How are we gonna get that lipstick off you before we get to Ike?"

"We don't." He said as we got up to Ike's room. I knocked twice and Ike opened the door.

*Kylie's POV*

We were talking about the last few years, I kept asking where he went and he just blew me off. I asked about my parents and again there was a cold shoulder. Our conversation stopped when we heard two taps on the door. Ike got up and answered it while I sat on the corner of his bed frustrated that he wouldn't tell me what I wanted to know.

Caleb and Dustin walked in, Caleb was wearing a red flannel, white t-shirt and black jeans and  his cheek was a perfect pair of red lips that I wanted to ask about but held my tongue. Dustin looked at me and noticed my irritated expression and sat down next to me and entwined our fingers, carefully holding my hand. Caleb sat down on the other side of me and sat down across from us.

"So Kylie here, has been asking a lot of good questions and I thought it would be best if I told all of you together." He paused. "Your parents died protecting you."

"They died in a car crash, how would that be protecting us?" I asked.

"The truth is your father made a deal with a girl named Cileen. Cileen has the power to take a life to give power to another. Those she gifts are hard to kill, you basically have to rip them apart and there apparently a certain you have to do it to make it work or else they'll come back alive. Your father and mother gave up there life so you wouldn't get hurt. The deal was for Kylie to have speed and healing, Caleb to be indestructible for their lives. they went out, got drunk and let Cileen take care of the rest." i was crying, they gave their lives so that we wouldn't die easily. "Mike told me a week before he did it and i went to find out more. your a new species, the Gifted is the name of it. "