Chapter 19

Warnings

We went to a cafe for lunch, we both got coffee and blueberry muffins. He looked into my eyes and we stayed happily silent, sipping coffee and enjoying each other's company. We would've stayed like that for longer if it weren't for Caleb and James who walked into the cafe and immediately decided to sit with us.

"So how's the two love birds doing this fine Saturday vacation from the prison that adults call 'school'?" James said slightly dramic and scooted next to me in the booth.

"I don't know about Dustin but I'm doing wonderfully today." I copied his dramic tone and behavior. He broke out into a huge smile and we started laughing at ourselves.

Dustin looked between me and him."You'd think you two have been best friends for years."

"Awe Dustin. Are we jealy?" James fake pouted and I laughed. Dustin, however, looked completely unamused amd he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'm not jealous." Dustin huffed. He glared at James.

"Relax Dustin, I've got Bella." James said and he leaned back. "Speaking of my love." James said as he watched Bella in her waitress umiform walk past. He got up and followed to table she about to clean. I looked away when he slid his hand to her ass as they talked.

Dustin took the opportunity to sit next to me and Caleb sat across from us. "So what are you two planning on doing today?" Caleb asked.

"Well, it's all up to Kylie." Dustin said sliding his arm across my shoulders and pulling my side into his slightly. "We made a bet, I lost."

"Let me guess, you raced." Caleb rolled his eyes when I nodded. "A word of advice, don't make a deal with Kylie when the factor of winning is running. Kylie is fast, she won every track meet she competed in." Caleb and I smiled at the memories.

James came back over and sat with Caleb. "It doesn't make sense though. I went," he leaned closer to James and Caleb. "lycan speed."

James's eyes widen and he looked at me. "How?"

"I took a short cut, I have no clue what Dustin did." I said with a shrug. James didn't say anything but his eyes narrowed at me. Bella came to our table and put down 3 coffees.

"Hey Kylie can I talk to you?" She said looking at me. I nodded and had Dustin scoot out of the booth so I could get up. She had me follow her outside and into an alley way.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She whispered yelled at me.

"One, why are you whispering? Two, what are you talking about?" I said back.

"One, you've got two werewolves in there listen to us." She whispered yelled. "Two, I fucking told you to keep your distance! Dustin is a monster, he can't even control himself! You saw that down at the bar last night-"

"How do you know about that?" I whispered to her.

"Oh please the whole pack is outraged that he didn't turn you before spilling his guts!" She continued to whisper yell. "We all have mind a connection, if we want to know where another pack member is we connect to them through it, we hear each other's thoughts."

"So what's the point of whispering when they can hear us through your mind anyway?"

She blanked and face palmed. "Fuck. Whatever. Have fun when the pack is hunting you down so they can turn you." She patted me on the shoulder and walked back to the coffee shop.